Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FWID expires

Re: Check your FWID online

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    You're kidding right? That is literally the hardest thing to do in modern society.

Only other thing that comes close is getting a baby boomer to respect millennials.
    Or a millennial to respect a baby boomer...lol

Re: FWID expires

I see the site is saying my residency status is also expiring Jan 1. So my question is, has anyone dug up the part of the Wildlife Act that I’d be contravening if I go predator hunting with my current license in January? Without sending a copy of my BC services card photo ID to the BC govt, that is. Would that be an offence?
    Pretend hunter.

I went into the store to find out about my FWID ...They looked it up and said my residency status expired Nov 15th 2019..They told me to go to Service BC ..Govt website not open on weekends ..Thanks Tod Bartell ...You hit it right on the nail...Also a side note this new FWID problem is going to really cause a Cluster ....you know what !.....Dennis

I uploaded an image of my BCDL and a day later I'm golden. I already had a cropped and resized image so it was easy. I seem to do a lot of document scanning these days.

At least I don't have to prove that I've been "physically present in B.C. for the greater portion of each of 6 calendar months out of the 12 calendar months immediately before doing a thing under the Wildlife Act".

Mine doesnt expire until July 15 2019. I will keep checking on it to see if something changes.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Re: Check your FWID online

Quote Originally Posted by Wood butcher View Post
    Where do you even find the expiry date?
    When you log in on the right side of your account profile it shows your expiry date
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

AS I mentioned in the first post this is new for 2019 and they are changing randoms months so not all have to verify at once. Yes you would think there would be an easier system but it is very simple to understand when you log in. I saw Rick posting in on FB and others seem to be rejecting his comments so I checked and sure enough I would expire Jan 1 also. Then I called to check the guy told me that I was the very first person to call and ask about it, but just a way to verify that those getting a BC hunting license are in BC. Granted this does not mean you truly live here, but for many who have had their # since begging of time like myself I could be living anywhere in Canada and still be hunting here with my old #. So maybe this will weed out some competition during the season and of course for LEH draws too. You will always have same number, but need to verify you are BC resident
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Yes, they want to validate that people are still actually residents, which is understandable.
    But, the lack of communication and getting it out there was absolutely deplorable.
    None of my friends knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Yes, they want to validate that people are still actually residents, which is understandable.
    But, the lack of communication and getting it out there was absolutely deplorable.
    None of my friends knew.
    Agreed! When I look online at my FWID, I see my name, address, phone number, email address....not too damn hard to get a hold of me and let me know!

Thanks for the info . Never would have known that they expire . Already taken care of mine and my sons' .