Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FWID expires

Re: Check your FWID online

Yup, this is no BS.
    Checked my FWID on the sire and it told me it was going to expire Jan 01 2019!
    Last night, all was still fine when I heard about this, nothing showing, but today I saw it in red, that it was expiring.

Interesting how they seem to have done this "at the end of the season"!!
    As many wouldn't even realize this until either spring bear hunting or next fall!!
    No notice mailed out!, and I haven't heard that any R&G Clubs were made aware either.
    Seems like somebody in the Ministry wants us to have a rough time!!??

Re: FWID expires

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Could this be any more painful and difficult???

I would have never known this unless I saw it on here...

Thanks for putting up this thread!

Yup. Great system. Making it so “ easy” for people. What a load of bs.

I applied for this when the new FWID came out ..They added 3 numbers to the front of my old hunter number..Guess I will go back to where I got it and have her go online and renew it ..Ive never left BC for residency so dont understand what you referred to TodBartell...I will go in tomorrow and find out ..Thanks for the info..I dont have an online username or password ..Hopefully this can be sorted out at the store where I got my FWID number updated a few years back...Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    I applied for this when the new FWID came out ..They added 3 numbers to the front of my old hunter number..Guess I will go back to where I got it and have her go online and renew it ..Ive never left BC for residency so dont understand what you referred to TodBartell...I will go in tomorrow and find out ..Thanks for the info..I dont have an online username or password ..Hopefully this can be sorted out at the store where I got my FWID number updated a few years back...Dennis
    you didn't apply for a FWID, you were assigned one by the Gvt. You may of applied for a BCeID, I signed into mine today for the first time since April 2016, since I get all my licenses and tags from a vendor. Go to the gvt office, don't go to the store where you buy your tags, they won't be able to do a thing for you unfortunately. Every BC resident hunter's residency is expiring, you have to prove otherwise.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

100,000 plus people now have to truck down to the govt office and renew. What a well thought out bureaucratic mess . Thanks goes to the select few bureaucrats and wildlife “ reps” that sold us down the road

Lots of proven online hunting number/license/draw systems in North America and BC had to create their own

Suprise it’s over complicated and not a real improvement from the old system lol

The Federal/Provincial governments don't want you to own firearms or hunt. All land belongs to . . . .
    P!ssed off !

Re: Check your FWID online

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Why don't they just link up with our drivers license renewals?? Is it so hard for one arm of the govt to communicate with another?
    You're kidding right? That is literally the hardest thing to do in modern society.

Only other thing that comes close is getting a baby boomer to respect millennials.