Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripods

Re: Tripods

Depending on what spotter your attaching it to, I’d suggest the Sirui T-025X (Carbon fibre) . I have one on a Swaro Ats 65mm and it’s awesome. If weight weren’t a factor there would be better options but weight being a factor, it’s hard to beat.

I've been using the Sirui T-025 Carbon fibre with a Swaro 65mm It's a great tripod. Got mine for about $200 US a few years ago. Pm me if you need more info on where i got it

Theres an outdoorsmans setup on forsale on here for around 450. Which is a screaming deal for that setup. And you won't find a better tripod than that .

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Theres an outdoorsmans setup on forsale on here for around 450. Which is a screaming deal for that setup. And you won't find a better tripod than that .

not any more there isn't great deal, great guy to deal with!!

I have a slik carbon that Im happy with..I got the tall one with the removable center tube, was about $250, I broke one of the legs when something fell on it in the back of the truck and I was able to purchase replacement parts for $80 bucks..I believe its about 2 lbs..

I put the vanguard ph 111v head on it that was about $100 bucks and smooth and stays stopped when you let go..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Wow they all seem to be around 2 lbs. I was hoping to find something a lot lighter than that. Perhaps my expectations were to high.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    Wow they all seem to be around 2 lbs. I was hoping to find something a lot lighter than that. Perhaps my expectations were to high.
    ya you probably wont find much under 2 lbs with a decent height when extended. My first manfroto and head were 5 lbs, really didnt like packing that one around, but it was really nice to glass with. if you want the best go with a gitzo. my set up is pretty much as light as i could find for that price range (250). the ball head drops a lot of oz's but not quite as nice to pan with.
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"

I think its like pulling a trailer thats heavier than your truck the trailer pulls your truck around..when you have a 2lb plus spotter you need an equally weighted tripod..I tried a lighter tripod it was always un balanced and tipping over
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I picked up a Zomei carbon fibre Tripod on Amazon, I was less concerned about brand name and more concerned with material. The Zomei is carbon fibre, light strong, easy on the hands when it's cold and calms down quick if bumped. I removed the ballhead it came with and put on a Manfrotto befree pan head. Both items cost a little south of $200. I was really impressed with the Zomei tripod, built really well, like all the other new carbon entries into market the price will rocket up when they get popular. The whole deal weighs about 3lbs, you can save some weight by removing legs and capping them. I can get mine down to around 2.2lbs if you don't need the height. Rock solid with the swaro 65mm sitting on top of it. Searching for the right tripod can make one crazy, there are so many options.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I think its like pulling a trailer thats heavier than your truck the trailer pulls your truck around..when you have a 2lb plus spotter you need an equally weighted tripod..I tried a lighter tripod it was always un balanced and tipping over
    mine has a hook on it in the middle, pretty sure this if for hanging weight off of if it is unstable. be pretty easy to hang a rock or something equivalent to make it steady.
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"