Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Acid found in soil may combat CWD

Re: Acid found in soil may combat CWD

So actual question here, how does agriculture play into these fact sheets...When you are baiting with the same grains and alfalfa that are grown locally, thousands of acres of fields that deer and elk congregate on year round....do winter elk leh holders that focus on private fields also qualify as baiting? Perhaps the biggest baited hunt in BC....

5th season learning my little honey hole and haven’t seen the slight sense of habituation, they catch my scent and they are wheezing and gone with tails up
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Nah fields full of the same food supplements are fine, it's the little gallon pails of food killing all these wild ungulates. Fak me ignorant...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Amazing!

Someone post a "Positive" in possibly combating CWD, but for some reason, it turns into another finger pointing thread
    with hunters dumping on other hunters.
    Who needs Anti's!?

Reminds me of my last workplace.
    Boss knew very little about the ins and out of the actual manufacturing.
    So, he designates one of the "shareholders" to be shop foreman.
    Thing is, foreman was only concerned about the money he saved and his cut of the profit sharing at year end.
    When one of the employees had a complaint/problem, he did nothing to help correct issues.
    So, in the end, no one could send complaints to problems "upwards" cause no one was listening.
    So, the workers just "bitched sideways" to other workers, none of whom could do anything about it, obviously!
    In the end, just made for a "toxic workplace", and the beginning of the end for the Company.
    A slow death.

Again, absolutely amazing to watch it happen here.
    If CWD is coming here, nothing will stop it.
    Now, if this Acid helps, then that can, not pointing fingers.

Google search Humic Acid, guess what it's good for!

https://www.advancednutrients.com/ar...id-for-plants/

Fields of the legal lettuce and we are styling! But a bunch of stoned WT would be considered unfair chase to some
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I run into more hidden grow ops then I ever have baiting stations!

I see the ongoing trend of hunters attacking hunters continues, this time over a legal means.
    Hunters are arguably one of the most disfunctional users groups I have ever seen.
    Others unite, we finger point and undermine.

Back to the OP's article....
    Thanks for the read.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    So actual question here, how does agriculture play into these fact sheets...When you are baiting with the same grains and alfalfa that are grown locally, thousands of acres of fields that deer and elk congregate on year round....do winter elk leh holders that focus on private fields also qualify as baiting? Perhaps the biggest baited hunt in BC....

5th season learning my little honey hole and haven’t seen the slight sense of habituation, they catch my scent and they are wheezing and gone with tails up
    Been there. Game coming out night after night until they smell you waiting for em. After that they enter from different spot a little later and a little less shooting time. This happens enough they go nocturnal or vacate. Food source is not necessarily a death certificate for game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I see the ongoing trend of hunters attacking hunters continues, this time over a legal means.
    Hunters are arguably one of the most disfunctional users groups I have ever seen.
    Others unite, we finger point and undermine.

Back to the OP's article....
    Thanks for the read.
    Wife was down at the local corner store a during the last week of rifle. Was a fellow in there talking about his morning of side x side hunting and how he was so disgusted when stumbling upon a pile of grain someone had likely put out in the woods. Said he ran it over and can't believe someone would do such a thing. Wife politely notified everyone in the store it is perfectly legal and the hunter left in a huff. At least all involved were educated on the proper laws. Sad it has to come from a non-hunting housewife. Piss your opinion in my cornflakes, can bet I'll dump the bowl. I don't feel I'm attacking anyone by doing so, but if so I also feel no need to apologize.

Yet this is ok........

And this is being touted as a greater risk by some.
    I know where I would focus my sky is falling concerns on the CWD

Last edited by Ourea; 12-06-2018 at 03:32 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

At this time I am not for or against baiting in BC because at this present time CWD or any other sickness for that matter is not an issue. Ethics wise could careless because personally don’t see it as a tactic that makes a real difference. Don’t use bait but know those who do regularly and only advantage I have seen is the deer stop for clearer trail cam pics. I don’t use bait because I have not seen results good enough to make it worth the extra effort

As for the excuse baiting does not increase the risk of CWD transfer not buying it either. No expert on the subject and have put little effort into becoming one. Now if my memory is correct the reason food plots are legal in some states and baiting is not is because baiting causes deer to feed in a very small area increasing the odds of passing CWD. Where food plots are large enough to not cause the same concentration of deer into a small area. Like I said no expert but I do know there is at least theories on why baiting increases the odds of CWD spreading

For those against baiting CWD is not going to reach BCs border for some time so at this time baiting is only any ethnics debate

For those defending baiting if CWD reaches BC might be wise to rethink the practice because even if there is other factors that causes deer to concentrate into areas is it worth increasing the odds of spreading CWD just so you can bait?

Either way you boys enjoy your fight because right now baiting is far from one of the big issues in BC and unless hunters wake up CWD won’t be an issue when it reaches BC because there won’t be enough ungulates for it to spread. Baiting won’t be much of an issue as hunting opportunity dwindles