Thread: See-thru scope caps.

See-thru scope caps.

How many of you have see-thru scope caps on your rifles? And how many of you can barely see through them for scratches and smudges?
    I have a pair that were in the can barely see through them for scratches and smudges condition.
    Got me to thinking about ways and means to make them functional again. I scratched my ass, then my head or maybe it was the other way around. Then I remembered polishing my truck headlights with this product.

And the end results. Unfortunately, I did not think to take "before pictures".

".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: See-thru scope caps.

Hmmm smart. Never would have thought of that. How did it work on your headlights?

Doesnt this kind of defeat the purpose of having high quality glass if you're just gonna look through two pieces of plastic?

Ans. (1) It did a nice job on the headlights, has to be repeated every year.
    Ans. (2) I guess that it could be said that it might defeat the purpose. But lens caps are primarily used to protect the glass and if you have little time to remove the caps to get the shot, at least you will be able to see through them, sí?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Doesnt this kind of defeat the purpose of having high quality glass if you're just gonna look through two pieces of plastic?
    better to look through to pieces of plastic instead of rubbing snow and ice out of the objective bell when you have about 5 seconds to fulfill that lifelong dream of a shot at a 190 class Mule deer ........I don't use anything on my scopes while hunting so I know all about snow and shit on my scope !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America