Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ??? Posting pictures????

Re: ??? Posting pictures????

Lets see if this works

From my phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED6EE377-5047-4EE4-9263-2BE197307877.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	7242  
    They are out there,they look like us,they talk like us, but they ain’t us.

[QUOTE=Jagermeister;2056149]I suggest that you resize your photos to 640X480 which will give a good picture for posting on here.
    How to resize?
    You are given two options on the upload page. The first is "Do not resize my pictures", the other is "No expiration".
    Resizing: If you select this before uploading the pictures, it will give you several size options. The best as I said for posting here is the 640X480. Select that for the pictures you wish to upload. Experiment with the other size options.
    Expiration: Select this an it gives you options for how long the pictures will remain resident before getting the punt. Select "no expiration" and they stay forever or at least until you punt them.
    And lastly again, you have to right click on the picture in your album that you want to post which reopens it singularly (by itself) and then right click again on select "copy this image", go to the site you want to show it and paste.

This is exactly what I was ranting about. Of course there is a way to post pics, even if it has changed, and no-one has updated the appropriate instructions so that a new-comer can figure it out. It is just that it is so un-intuitive. This site needs to make some serious changes, and come into the year 2018, to be usable. You should be able to be writing a post, then insert a picture with no problem whatsoever. You should be able to reply to another's post, and the reply will appear below the original post. And all sorts of other changes needed, I am sure other users will have a bunch. of other requests.

I would post pictures and my hunting tales here but I refuse to go through the convoluted procedure of doing so. Why should I have to use another site to post pictures? No other forum I am member of has such a complicated procedure to simply upload pictures. I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures and wouldl do so as well if I could do so directly without going through imgur or photobucket or whichever is currently being used.

Quote Originally Posted by jtred View Post
    I would post pictures and my hunting tales here but I refuse to go through the convoluted procedure of doing so. Why should I have to use another site to post pictures? No other forum I am member of has such a complicated procedure to simply upload pictures. I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures and wouldl do so as well if I could do so directly without going through imgur or photobucket or whichever is currently being used.
    Hear! Hear!

A couple of settings on imgur

Post / Image Privacy

Although nothing you post to Imgur is completely hidden from public view or entirely private, with that understanding you can set the privacy level of posts.

• Hidden: Posts will be hidden by default. They are not searchable within Imgur, and will not appear in Imgur’s public gallery or public profile, but each one will still be accessible by going to the post’s URL. They cannot receive comments or earn points.
    • Public: Posts will be publicly viewable and shared with the community. Public posts shared with the community will allow comments, sharing, and voting, and appear in a user’s profile.

“Favorite Folders” Privacy

You can add favorited posts to folders that you create. Individual public posts that you favorite are always visible from the “All Favorites” page in your user profile and cannot be hidden, even those within folders. Favorited hidden posts will not appear publicly in your favorites. These settings for favorites cannot be changed, but the visibility of folders can be toggled to public or private.

• Public: Folders are visible to the public community on your public profile.
    • Private: Private folders are kept hidden from your public profile.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by jtred View Post
    I think a lot of people on this site feel the same.
    It would seem it is difficult, as these threads pop up here & there.
    I know I'd post more pics if were easier.