Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ??? Posting pictures????

Re: ??? Posting pictures????

Going to give this one a break for a bit. My head is spinning.

You got it working, the last few showed up!

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    This worked.....

Wos

If using Postimage, which it looks like you are, once you down load the image you want from your source, click on the share button. You will get some choices, the one you want is Hotlinks for Forums. Click on the little symbol for to the right and you will get copied show up briefly. Now go to your post and right click where you want to put the pictures and hit paste.....you will get just the link in your post, but the picture will show up when you either hit post quick reply or Go Advance. I don't resize and never have had to, just download, share, copy and paste.

I like PI better than Imgur because no one can make comments etc. and I have heard that Imgur like to censor photos.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

wos - I agree, posting pictures on this site sucks. I have posted some, and then when next I wanted to do it again some months later, had to learn all over again, and posted some more - it has never been intuitive. Then, the picture site that they recommend using in the user instructions went out of business, or started charging too much. And there is no update to the instructions. This site really does suck - It is not user friendly! The whole site sucks, you can't upvote those you agree with, you can't reply to them without copying their whole text, and that may be days later so no-one gets the reply. I wouldn't even come here except this is the only site devoted to BC hunting. If someone else started something on a more user-friendly site, i would be all over that! I am sure other users agree with me, how can they not? Maybe we should start something on a Reddit Sub-thread, or something? I love the discussions, but the format has to go!

I don't pretend to be an internet or computer expert because im definitely not. but i do subscribe to another forum and posting pictures is a simple copy paste ordeal. Its to much work for me to figure out and post the photos i wanted to share. Its nothing but a bunch if bucks i got on my camaras this year that i thought everyone would enjoy. I will post them on my Instagram if anyone wants to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    I don't pretend to be an internet or computer expert because im definitely not. but i do subscribe to another forum and posting pictures is a simple copy paste ordeal. Its to much work for me to figure out and post the photos i wanted to share. Its nothing but a bunch if bucks i got on my camaras this year that i thought everyone would enjoy. I will post them on my Instagram if anyone wants to see them.
    Its so simple! Sounds and looks a lot harder than it is.

Thanks for the instructions. Post image worked pretty easy for me

I suggest that you resize your photos to 640X480 which will give a good picture for posting on here.
    How to resize?
    You are given two options on the upload page. The first is "Do not resize my pictures", the other is "No expiration".
    Resizing: If you select this before uploading the pictures, it will give you several size options. The best as I said for posting here is the 640X480. Select that for the pictures you wish to upload. Experiment with the other size options.
    Expiration: Select this an it gives you options for how long the pictures will remain resident before getting the punt. Select "no expiration" and they stay forever or at least until you punt them.
    And lastly again, you have to right click on the picture in your album that you want to post which reopens it singularly (by itself) and then right click again on select "copy this image", go to the site you want to show it and paste.
    I think this is the way, well pretty sure but there is always a codicil with this stuff, it may...........or it may not.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"