Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Baiting wildlife Issue

Re: Baiting wildlife Issue

Good to see the apologists trying to confuse the issue raised. Baiting is unethical and should be banned inb BC. End of story.

Keep it up boys ... and we will know who the real hunters are.

Hunting is not about killing animals coming to bait! Not much more than can be said ... but I'm sure more confusion can be spewed.

Killing animals over bait is disgusting!

We better limit the cattle industry as well then, all those deer eating off the hay fields and bails all winter are going to spread CWD that doesnt exist in our area.

Someone offer a logical input.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Good to see the apologists trying to confuse the issue raised. Baiting is unethical and should be banned inb BC. End of story.

Hunting is not about killing animals coming to bait! Not much more than can be said ... but I'm sure more confusion can be spewed.

Then never shoot a deer in Alberta off an agricultural field...
    In the Christian valley on private land.
    On the Island in farmland.
    Shut down the mid western US where most B and C WT are killed then.
    They are hunting over a massive food source.

Never hunt a prime cut block

Bests shut all that down as well

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by 40incher View Post

If you feel so strongly about baiting then make an issue out of it with authorities.
    Personally I would vote against baiting but if it's legal so be it!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    I would say that in bc probably 99.99% of hunters do not use bait to hunt. Although a small percentage will use it to troll.
    Lol, what he said!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

We have a Bingo....
    Orchards and Farms are for growing food not to attract ungulates to be shot. Sitting on a natural food plot that isn't like driving up with a load of hay.

There are no rules in BC , NONE!
    Feed them what you want, and when you want, all in the name of hunting.
    People need to ask themselves is feeding wildlife for the purpose of killing them really needed?
    Taking the chance on screwing up a small population in your area so you can take home some meat isn't worth the trade off.
    I am aware of how CWD is spread, this is why we need to be aware. Food plots are out there and effect the natural movements
    of wildlife concentrating them in pockets. Pockets that promote predation and sickness theres no debating that.

Montana Fish and Wildlife Report States:
    Feeding Deer- long known to be detrimental to wildlife and to the public- is also prohibited by law in Montana. In Montana
    it is illegal to attract Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope, Bears and other Wildlife to an area with any kind of food.

The list goes on:

Hunting northern country and early season alpine is a license to kill if you are fit and know ur area.
    Endless sight lines.
    Valley after valley that one can easily dissect.
    Long distant shot opportunities.
    If u r fit and mentally tough .....success is had.

Hunt areas where you can't see 15 ft, apply all your hunting experience from the northern purity of previous hunts..... and you strike out day after day hunting in a highly restricted sight environment.

I am beginning to think there are more anti hunters on this site than hunters.

More Reasons to make a change:

50 States Baiting Rules:
    https://outdoorever.com/deer-baiting-laws/

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    We have a Bingo....
    Orchards and Farms are for growing food not to attract ungulates to be shot. Sitting on a natural food plot that isn't like driving up with a load of hay.

There are no rules in BC , NONE!
    Feed them what you want, and when you want, all in the name of hunting.
    People need to ask themselves is feeding wildlife for the purpose of killing them really needed?
    Taking the chance on screwing up a small population in your area so you can take home some meat isn't worth the trade off.
    I am aware of how CWD is spread, this is why we need to be aware. Food plots are out there and effect the natural movements
    of wildlife concentrating them in pockets. Pockets that promote predation and sickness theres no debating that.

Montana Fish and Wildlife Report States:
    Feeding Deer- long known to be detrimental to wildlife and to the public- is also prohibited by law in Montana. In Montana
    it is illegal to attract Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope, Bears and other Wildlife to an area with any kind of food.

The list goes on:
    Stop every homesteader and rancher from growing grain or a food source of any kind would be the logical solution then.
    That bail of hay in a ten sguare kilometer area that was packed in offsets all of that agriculture for CWD concens.