Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baiting wildlife Issue

Re: Baiting wildlife Issue

Here's the Some States for you
    https://www.lucky-buck.com/blogs/sta...ng-regulations

Oh and Alberta, and Manitoba also.
    Last edited by bownut; 12-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Baiting ungulates is disgusting ... and a real hunter would not do that!

Watch Wild TV for a bit and see how disgusting it really is.

There is a reason why we are losing the battle, and baiting is the best example ... it is unethical!! Say no more.

Yikes, don't know where to start with this one.

Bownut, I appreciate your heartfelt concerns, albeit unfounded.

First off, CWD is a transmitted disease.
    Gotta have it to transmit it.
    It does not magically appear from hunting or forestry practices in areas it doesn't exist.

My neighbor has a fruit tree that has deer on it every night, ...... local gardens being hammered every night.
    I scratch my head every time I go to the local dump lately (we are doing extensive home renovations), deer are waiting for yard waste being dropped off.

Orchards and wineries in my neighborhood have dozens and dozens and dozens of deer concentrated into these created and cultivated food sources. If there was ever a concern for CWD if it would be here.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

What's the concern with CWD and baiting? Don't think there was a issue in wild populations before they started farming deer and elk. Farming wild ungulates is as helpful to wild animals as farming atlantic salmon is to wild salmon.... its not.

Where are you hunting that you see bait all over the place? The closest thing I’ve ever seen is salt licks for cattle put out by ranchers.

Just asked the question "Why is BC so far behind" declining populations and new Wildlife Restoration Directors and still the same old way of doing things, Time to get with the program and thats all.
    This is where we are heading:

Click on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jVVvIIYdg

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Where are you hunting that you see bait all over the place? The closest thing I’ve ever seen is salt licks for cattle put out by ranchers.
    Check out the okanagan.
    Baiting is out of control.

Baiting is disgusting. Don't take any pride in killing a wild buck in a pile of bait!!

Get out there and really hunt ... don't degrade the hunting tradition.

Let's show some respect for what "hunting" really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

It does not magically appear from hunting or forestry practices in areas it doesn't exist.

My neighbor has a fruit tree that has deer on it every night, ...... local gardens being hammered every night.
    I scratch my head every time I go to the local dump lately (we are doing extensive home renovations), deer are waiting for yard waste being dropped off.

Orchards and wineries in my neighborhood have dozens and dozens and dozens of deer concentrated into these created and cultivated food sources. If there was ever a concern for CWD if it would be here.
    Proven fact: baiting attracts prey. Prey attract predators

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea