Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baiting wildlife Issue

Baiting wildlife Issue

Why is it if so many States and Provinces are changing the way they think about Baiting Ungulates, BC hasn't joined in on the trend. We still allow hunters
    to throw what ever they want out there and in any amount and call it hunting. With CWD knocking at the door and Predation on a all time high, all you bait dumping hunters should give your head a shake.
    You go out and dump feed all over the mountains without even knowing if the enzymes in the gut will even allow them to digest it. You walk away from you bait station at the end of the year without
    any regards to how you may have concentrated wildlife in a area during critical periods. I'm no Bio, but judging by the trends everywhere else, it's time for a change.
    These new restrictions are based on funded science and not emotional decisions so why are guys thinking they have the right to make the rules. Time for change people, before more damage is done.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Baiting wildlife Issue

you don't know what you speak of...

What states and provinces are banning baiting?

First off, guess what. I put a bit of corn out, the deer stepped in it. They didn't recongnize it as a food source. I put out a bail of hay, they ate it up. No different than what they were eating at the time as it was right beside a farm. So is doing a food plot baiting? Is there a reason why there are more animals in a lot of states on private land then around here? Have you ever tried to bait an animal? Is a salt lick baiting? Time for change is right, I'd like to hear you back up your rant with facts and educate a few of us. I really don't think ungulate baiting is rampant in BC...give it a try, see how it goes for you haha.

7 year member, 369 posts, how many of them are trolling missions like this one?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

No, you definitely are not a Bio.

With all due respect, I don't quite understand your post when you say "why are guys thinking they have the right to make the rules".

The "rules", right or wrong, are "made" by the government. If you think they should be changed, you need to address it with them.

I've never even thought of baiting an ungulate, but if you're allowed under the current regs, then so be it (regardless if I agree or not).

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Why is it if so many States and Provinces are changing the way they think about Baiting Ungulates, BC hasn't joined in on the trend. We still allow hunters
    to throw what ever they want out there and in any amount and call it hunting. With CWD knocking at the door and Predation on a all time high, all you bait dumping hunters should give your head a shake.
    You go out and dump feed all over the mountains without even knowing if the enzymes in the gut will even allow them to digest it. You walk away from you bait station at the end of the year without
    any regards to how you may have concentrated wildlife in a area during critical periods. I'm no Bio, but judging by the trends everywhere else, it's time for a change.
    These new restrictions are based on funded science and not emotional decisions so why are guys thinking they have the right to make the rules. Time for change people, before more damage is done.
    I would say that in bc probably 99.99% of hunters do not use bait to hunt. Although a small percentage will use it to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post

Ok, then instead of opening with a RANT, why not post some links to some of these science based studies so we can have an informed discussion.

He does bring up a good point about CWD. That’s something that all states and provinces should think long and hard about.

I guess I bait deer all summer and fall, It's called planting a garden.

guest Guest

I think I'm wanting some Popcorn and a few frosty chilly ones for this thread.
    This should be good.
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    I guess I bait deer all summer and fall, It's called planting a garden.
    Jerk......