Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LiteOutdoors Plateau 5 Man

Re: LiteOutdoors Plateau 5 Man

Quote Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
    My liteoutdoors 5 man tent just showed up, now waiting for spring to set it up, still waiting
    Whats your first impressions on overall quality? I can’t figure out how seek outside can make their red cliff tent larger, with two doors, and 30d nylon instead of 20d, yet it only weighs 1 oz more than the Plateau. Pricing on the plateau is good compared to SO.

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    Whats your first impressions on overall quality? I can’t figure out how seek outside can make their red cliff tent larger, with two doors, and 30d nylon instead of 20d, yet it only weighs 1 oz more than the Plateau. Pricing on the plateau is good compared to SO.
    Sill to cold around here right now, will set up the tent when temps warm up, but did a lot of investigation when looking and thats why I went with the Liteoutdoors tent with there titanium stove, price versa cost and company communication, Brenden is great to do business with.

Sill to cold around here right now, will set up the tent when temps warm up, but did a lot of investigation when looking and thats why I went with the Liteoutdoors tent with there titanium stove, price versa cost and company communication, Brenden is great to do business with.
    Hi huntfish
    I will be looking out for your review as well as I am between this and the SO as well. It looks roomier than the cimmaron but smaller than the redcliff.
    I am real interested in the stove as well I am leaning towards that even if I a SO tent.
    The one thing is if the tent is newer, I am thinking its a little less fine tuned than the SO which have lots of experience with tents but still very interested in what your opinion is once its set up!

I ordered the cimarron, so it’s not quite as heavy if it’s just me packing in for a trip. I will be ordering the lite outdoors stove for late season hunts though.

I’ve got a a Lite Outdoors 8x10 tarp that is light and small for when the weather is good. Its about 1 lb for the tarp, stakes, guylines, and line locks.

Lite Outdoors or Seek Outside? Any more input on either the Plateua or the Cimarron?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these tents yet? Trying to decide between this and a Seek Outside Cimmaron.
    My buddy was in the same dilemma but he chose the seek outside Cimarron tent. He just got it 4 days ago so he has no review on it yet but he thinks it's pretty good material. But he did by the light outdoors wood stove which actually came on the same day

Have you tried this out yet?How does it look?

I just set my lite outdoors tent up, like all the tie downs all over the tent, still have not set up my lite outdoor titanium stove in it yet, lots of room, more than enough for 2 with packs inside, and at 4.7 pounds, can split up and give my buddy the pole which is 1.6 pound, will be a great add to out kit.

Anymore info on the lite outdoors tent and stove. Did you get some time in then mountains with it?

Haven't brought it into the mountains yet, I did pull the trigger on it at the end of this fall though. Like I said haven't had a chance to field test it yet but here are some first impressions I had posted on rokslide.

Very roomy. No I wouldn't squeeze 3 guys plus all their gear in there with the stove but I don't intend to. I often just store me and my son's packs under some tree canopy anyway but this will have plenty of room for the two of us plus gear and a helinox chair. As far as room for a wood pile and to dry gear I feel like there would be plenty even with 3 dudes as long as you're not too insecure in your manhood and don't mind being within a foot or so of another male. There are loops inside for a clothesline and there's a video on youtube where they had 3 guys sleeping in there with some gear and wood plus a big rack they had made to dry out clothes. Packs were outside though obviously, if you're going in with 3 dudes I think one can sack up and carry a sheep tarp or something for the gear if the forecast looks ugly...dry bags work too. I would definitely prefer the extra room with two people as opposed to a cramped shelter stepping over each other and dancing around a hot stove to get out and take a piss.

Stove jack is behind the center pole. Definitely handy for coming and going.

Entrance zipper is in the middle, I think it's a much more convenient layout that the TUT.

Good amount of standing room. Finally I can stand up all the way inside my tent! My shoulders do touch the sides a bit when I do so make sure you put that microfiber towel to use in the morning before you start changing...will be nice to not have to layer up standing like Quasimodo though.

Generous snow/sod skirt. Think it was advertised as 9", goes down past the stake points plenty low enough to seal out drafts/spindrift, can just jack up the center pole if you want to set it up with more ventilation. The vents in the top don't close but they do provide good airflow and keep the tent from smoking up too bad when you're trying to get a draft going at the beginning of your fire, not too worried about water getting in. The door also zips both ways so you can vent it at the top if you need more ventilation. Curious to see how it does with condensation but I had asked about a liner when I bought it and Brennen said they're working on one that should be out this year and will be compatible with old models.

Only real complaint so far is that it is a bit bulky when packed up, that's the penalty paid for extra room though I guess. I probably wouldn't notice that at all if I came from a floored shelter of any sort but I generally just use a small tarp for my son and I so probably any hot tent would seem bulky to me right now. May experiment with putting it in the compression sack with my sleeping bag and see how that works.

Edit: I did run this experiment and was pleased with the results, this is the shelter and my -7° north face bag packed as small if not smaller than the kifaru sawtooth.

I plan on putting together a more in depth review after I've spent some more time in it this spring but so far with my limited experience I'm quite happy with it. I also talked to everyone I could that's purchased one and couldn't find anyone that had any complaints, seemed like much less catch and release going on than with other hot tents.

Also, regarding the redcliff. I was curious myself how the specs compare vs the price difference. The redcliffe is not really much bigger if at all, it's 2 ft narrower, 2.5ft longer and a few inches shorter. The advertised weight for the redcliff is also with a carbon pole, the plateau paired with a similar carbon pole would probably actually be 8-10oz lighter. Yes, different fabric types though, we'll see how that pans out, as I mentioned Brennen did confirm they're working on an LO liner and I think he said it should be coming out this year.
    Last edited by 45freezer; 01-07-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear