Thread: DIY dehydrated meals. What do you make?

DIY dehydrated meals. What do you make?

I've been getting the dehydrator going lately to get food ready for the upcoming season, how about you? Any good recipes to share?

I usually dehydrate the frozen veggies from Costco along with ground meat or the canned Costco chicken and mix them together. I add a bullion cube, spices and some olive oil when I rehydrate them. Sometimes I dehydrate pasta sauce and add dehydrated zucchini noodles.

Anyone know where to get some powdered sour cream? A good source for the individual sauce/seasoning packets other than fast food places? I suppose I could make my own but that would be time consuming.

My equipment is an Excalibur 9 try dehydrator with timer and a decent vacuum sealer. This year I'm going to use the re-sealable vacuum seal bags from Cabela's so I can seal them up when re-hydrating. Usually I put the dehydrated food in a cheap sandwich bag then I wrap it with a paper towel so it doesn't puncture the outer bag and then I vacuum seal it. Seems to work great and you have a napkin at every meal.

I'd like to add some more recipes to the mix so what do you do? If only I could find a way to dehydrate beer or Scotch...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: DIY dehydrated meals. What do you make?

My other half has a couple of books will ask her what they are . Also she mentioned checking out Facebook Groups on Dehydrating .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !