Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kamloops Ice Fishing

Re: Kamloops Ice Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What's the bait or lure of choice for Tunkwa?
    We caught ours using little pink cured shrimp.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Pink cured shrimp and corn, mini gold spoons, glow teardrop jigs.

Heading to Kelowna yesterday morning,spotted a group of people who had scaled the fence and were ice fishing
    Corbett Lake, no police presence that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    Heading to Kelowna yesterday morning,spotted a group of people who had scaled the fence and were ice fishing
    Corbett Lake, no police presence that I could see.
    Going to be interesting to see how long that fishery last before all the " larger" fish are caught and then it just becomes another lake with 12-14" trout in it .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how long that fishery last before all the " larger" fish are caught and then it just becomes another lake with 12-14" trout in it .
    I think the size of the trout is irrelevant,the question is, is Corbett Lake illegally blocking BC residents access to public property? The presence of those fishermen is the best way to ask IMO.

Fished a lake close to bridge 24th and 25th. My uncle got a 4.5lb rainbow. I went back out 1st to 4th and my damn uncle got a 5 lb bow! I got a few but nothing over 2.5lbs. Tried bridge lake for kok's for a few hours with no bites. Managed to get some burbot on la Roche. Damn those things taste good! Anyone fish bridge for kokanne? I could use some pointers on finding the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    I think the size of the trout is irrelevant,the question is, is Corbett Lake illegally blocking BC residents access to public property? The presence of those fishermen is the best way to ask IMO.

I went by Corbett on Saturday and there had to be 50+ people on the ice..

Lots of good bites going on now around Kamloops. The fish are on the feed all over the place. Got into some Kokanee today. Thought I would post a pic of what a school of Kokanee looks like on my Humminbird. If you're not ice fishing with a graph, you should be. Especially in deep water.

Heading to Des Roches in a few days, hopefully get into some tasty burbot and 'bows...
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo