Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Ice Fishing

Re: Kamloops Ice Fishing

Spent the last few days at Tunkwa, was pretty good and the weather was fantastic. Did pretty well over by the day use area.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Anyone been fishing the smaller lakes around bridge lake this year?

No matter how much I try ice fishing trout and salmon out west is something I fail at aha. Looks like I need a graph. Fish finger. Under water camera and a robot to go chase the fish down for me..

Lakes should all be iced up now and the fishin hot, been a warm week in the loops but now its -10 or bellow outside the city. -16 at 1200m is gunna make for a fresh morning on the ice, makes ya feel alive. Fishing as usual around loops has been great on most lakes, fish have been biting all day long in a few lakes as well.

Going to RED in the AM -There's Being a FEW caught up there ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby_man View Post
    Spent the last few days at Tunkwa, was pretty good and the weather was fantastic. Did pretty well over by the day use area.
    What's the bait or lure of choice for Tunkwa?

GOT a Couple Nice 5 Lb & 2 Lb Bows and we got Some nice Brooks too with one in at 2.5 lbs ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    GOT a Couple Nice 5 Lb & 2 Lb Bows and we got Some nice Brooks too with one in at 2.5 lbs ! RJ
    Any suggestions ? I've had no problem figuring out hunting out here but this through the ice fishing is the bane of my existence haha.

Cheers, and tight lines !

We went to tunkwa on Friday and it was slow just out from the campground. Then walloper today which was crazy like always just little fish though. Tommorow either tunkwa again or red. Any suggestions on where to try at red? Also what are people using? I like a worm and corn with a flasher about a foot up.

Tear drop Jig with Fluorescent Paint on the back side with a small chunk of shrimp or a single red or orange egg ! Jig slowly for a few seconds then leave it then jig slowly again & repeat till you catch a Fish ! lol RJ