Thread: LEH Elk in 7-20A

LEH Elk in 7-20A

Is there an updated contact list of ranchers / farmers in the LEH antlerless elk draw area (7-20A) who want elk taken off their land?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Elk in 7-20A

I contacted the CO’s up there, as well as, Corlanes sporting goods. A list is no longer maintained but you can purchase the Mcelhanney Peace River Area Recreation Atlas from Corlanes (which I did for $125) and it contains land status maps that shows you private (with names) and crown land.

Do a search....there are many threads on this topic. The coles note are this hunt is no longer the barrel shoot it once was. Reduced elk population combine with government subsidized high fencing have taken care of that. I don't think there is a line of land owners looking for hunters to take care of their elk any more.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Do a search....there are many threads on this topic. The coles note are this hunt is no longer the barrel shoot it once was. Reduced elk population combine with government subsidized high fencing have taken care of that. I don't think there is a line of land owners looking for hunters to take care of their elk any more.
    This was what we found. You need a local contact to tie one to a tree for you. It was a nice vacation for us from the cold victoria winter. We stayed in Quesnel and caught a warm spell. Have a winch on your truck, and dont fart around with mall terrain tires. Mud tires or stay home.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Exactly what Bubbacanuck said. Buy the map, spend the time getting the names and Googling phone numbers. I have spent countless hours doing this, and have compiled a list of owners that will let me hunt their land. Also have a very long list of people that politely said no, and a list of those that just hung up. If you do get permission, and are lucky enough to harvest something, do yourself a favor and get them something as a token of your appreciation. That goes a long ways. When i'm up there, I usually pay a little visit to everyone that gave me permission, even if i didn't end up hunting their land, just to say thanks, and let them know we are done. That goes a long ways too.