Thread: Change in philosophy and a change in tactics

Threaded View

Re: Change in philosophy and a change in tactics

Rob Chipman raises a number of good thought provoking points.... Consider this and re-read, let soak and evaluate.
    The modern day hunter/angler needs to have more than a simple reap rewards from the land, assume it will always be this way mentality that our fathers and grandfather's possess(ed) and sadly still continues today for some. I think the last handful of years our mindset is recognizing that BC is no longer like she once was... Hunters are slow to adapt, but I see a slow shift in the mentality of some. Unfortunately whether you like it or not, we need to work harder on the citizenship front, yes that means engagement... Everybody who wants to take from the land whether it be freezer filling, gathering photos/ video footage, trophies for your wall, what ever your case.... We need to come together and strategically be aligned.... Target the 80% of neutral, uneducated majority of our province Rob speaks of... Use whatever media, verbiage is required to break thru to the lay man, just consider your message before it goes out, consider your posts on FB, Twitter and on here.

Lastly fracturing up the hunting community into a million pieces thru every different type of hunting known to man's own organization is not the answer. We need alignment among a few hunting organizations, note a few that are reputable and can work together to carry a common message that unites us as hunter/conservationists. Yes Rob I said it... Conservationists the old chicken-egg delimna, which came first. In my own personal case I was, or always have been a conservationist first and a hunter/angler spawned from this.
    Last edited by one-shot-wonder; 12-01-2018 at 12:05 PM.