Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Change in philosophy and a change in tactics

Re: Change in philosophy and a change in tactics

If you have , then you are one of the few. Good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated Ol Phart View Post
    It always amazes me that so many on this board and other boards in general , will profess to being outraged that their voices are not being heard. But when challenged about how many snail mails , emails or phone calls they have made-- the silence is deafening.. One of the biggest wastes of time is bitching on a forum--- make the call--- write the letters and THEN if you get ignored, you have the right to scream bloody murder. Not until.
    Have nothing against people taking action on their own. I've written a substantial amount of letters to lots of Government officials and politicians. I bet you have too.......and here we are.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

BCWF is a conservation organization.
    Direction changed with time as people come and go.
    If you want to see the direction BCWF is going look at their hires....and their "fires" ,or people that left or quit.
    Unfortunately as hunters we want them to do what would benefit us.
    And not always what would benefit them, making too much noise about our issues,not always beneficial to them.
    If anyone would like to have an organization that works for hunters, start one.
    Till then unfortunately ,the only voice we have is "Them"!!!
    And remember our percentage as hunters with BCWF membership is not that high!
    Maybe stronger local clubs are the answer....but only local ,if they remain local.
    BCWF is provincial.
    Did antis hijack BCWF???.....well they put their money/effort where it counts!!!
    We are not.
    Just a BCWF members opinion.

Reposted from another site with the permission of the OP.

Chuck Zuckerman pres. of BCWF Reg. 2, Sport Shooting Chair and candidate for Provincial President in 2019 will be speaking against C-71 to the Senate it will be televised, IF there is hope for the BCWF this is the guy that can turn the ship from the reef, I know Chuck and he may be the driving force needed to return the BCWF to its founding base. Time will tell and I'm NOT blind, if he F-s up as far as his platform goes I will not support the Fed any further. This is IMHO the last stand and the hill the Fed lives or dies on. I will post a link when I have one.

Here is an Email I just sent to Chuck. He wants to hear from Hunters and Shooters. Here is an email I sent to him, feel free to express your concerns. to chuck.zuckerman@gmail.com

So all through any "battle" we have regarding the G-bear hunt ban, and the upcoming battle over other predators, The board has taken the cop-out role of saying we are NOT a hunter advocacy group, we are a conservation group. Thy go on further to say that they must remain non partisan to maintain their charitable status. Well after some very serious thought I put forward this scenario.

If the BCWF is "only" a conservation group, why are they not fighting tooth and nail for SCIENCE BASED Conservation. Why are they not hammering the Provincial and Federal Government all guns on fire over the need for PROPPER SCIENCE BASED CONERVATION based on the need to keep numbers in a reasonable balance.

1.. The G-bear hunt. This was done for political reasons with NO mind paid to the biologists. The BCWF should be flexing their muscles as a conservation based society and pounding the government for ignoring the Bios in their decision to close the hunt to pander to the tree huggers who do not have science on their side. This in no way damages their status as a conservation and charitable society. It is their mandate to defend animals(leave hunters out of it) with viable science based conservation science and fact. Attack the emotion based tree huggers and the government for their lack of consideration and implementation of FACTS in their Ban of the hunt.

2.. Wolves and cats. Same thing go to war over the falsehoods being perpetrated by the groups like Raincoast when it comes to predator management. Stand up for the need to keep predators under control as they have no real natural enemies other than man where as hooved animals have a number of enemies including but not restricted to bears, wolves and big cats. The time has come to get ahead of the problem ACT don't REACT!!

The BCWF CAN have their cake and eat it too but only by ending their "milk toast" efforts to APPEAR to be doing something. The solution is simple IF someone will grow a pair and push their mandate as a conservation group to the limit. It can and should be done right away before the cats and wolves are next to be "protected"
    Gone Hunting. Back soon to go Fishing

^^^^good job! and bang on, imo.
    The WSS is their for sheep and they know what their reach is.
    Like the GOABC fiasco a few years back, they at least were up front as to why they couldn't involve themselves in that
    dilemma.
    But, as of late, with much of the issues at hand, they are recognizing and showing "us" that they understand the importance of hunters to their own agenda.
    And thus sort of the bilateral support that we see between hunter and wss and wss and hunters.

The BCWF is really losing support.
    They seem to be failing to "communicate" with hunters properly.
    And your 2 main points are great examples.

Maybe they think they see a different angle to pursue to meet the objectives???? who knows??
    Wasting time with hunters right now thus the weak efforts of late?????
    Who really knows????

But they aren't firing on all cylinders, at least not from the hunters perspectives as of late, and it is the hunters that make
    up much of the membership.
    Maybe just not the funding??? and maybe that is why????
    But without hunters support and membership, their just a federation of who exactly?????

Guess you guys havn't bothered to read the BCWF statement on predator hunting and regulations by emotion... Look it up.

Guess you guys havn't bothered to read the BCWF statement on predator hunting and regulations by emotion... Look it up.
    I fully understand and agree with a good portion of people’s issues with the BCWF but I will also give them credit where they deserve it

The last release by the BCWF was the best one in a long time. Hopefully this is not a one off and a sign of more positive to come

UHn Yah did read it first show of a back bone in a long while, lets hope its not the last.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.