Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Change in philosophy and a change in tactics

Re: Change in philosophy and a change in tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I agree that hunters need a organization representing hunters, but don't they also need a conservation organization representing wildlife? Without wildlife there is no hunting. We all realize that. Whether a hunter supports BCWF or not, it is in there best interest to get interested and involved in conservation activism.
    Many do get involved in conservation through other channels. Through smaller clubs, large organization like WSS, BCTA and ducks unlimited, clean ups, get involved in projects directly with bios and other options they may have

Been involved in a number of projects and studies myself

Many see a need for conservation and will get involved if they believe in the cause. If it’s through an organization they need to believe in who is representing their efforts as well. There is also a large number that given the right cause and the right people correctly representing it you can get them involved

Plain and simple when it comes to trying to gain support it’s out there but are you able to get them to follow/join in

If you can’t it’s either the cause or those seeking support that are the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    There are clubs out there that do great work! SCWA in Prince George is a shining example.
    I think there are lots of clubs out there doing great work. Why not this. The BCWF creates a fund. Associated Rod and Gun clubs do one of their projects, participate in a burn, restore a creek or stream, clean up a marsh area. They then apply to the fund once the project is complete with a proposed advertisement for their own community paper, (North Peace Rod and Gun uses The Alaska Hwy News as an example). BCWF makes sure the advert meets an agreed upon format, and cuts the check for the advertisement. If too many hands out. You budget for say 10 a year and pick the best.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

where’s the $ from the last fund the BCWF created?

I would rather donate directly to the club doing the project and many feel the same

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    where’s the $ from the last fund the BCWF created?

I would rather donate directly to the club doing the project and many feel the same
    If members of a club can support their own advert all the more power to them. The end goal is to "communicate" who we are and what we're doing to the general public as often as possible. Those clubs that need help can approach the BCWF. Just an idea. The general public needs to see us as much as they see the anti's. We have a huge advantage, a significant percentage of hunters are actually doing things while the anti's seem to just do a lot of complaining.
    Last edited by 180grainer; 12-16-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    If members of a club can support their own advert all the more power to them. The end goal is to "communicate" who we are and what we're doing to the general public as often as possible. Those clubs that need help can approach the BCWF. Just an idea. The general public needs to see us as much as they see the anti's. We have a huge advantage, a significant percentage of hunters are actually doing things while the anti's seem to just do a lot of complaining.
    well said and a great topic. I just received the survey results from BCWF regarding their recent online survey. I was very surprised with the results as it showed most participants were satisfied with the BCWF performance. I was shocked to see I fell into the bottom 2%. Participation by hunters was strong in region 1 and 2. A distant 3rd was region 8 and the other regions were poor. Not a good representation of the entire province. If we feel the BCWF has done a poor job representing hunters it didn’t show in this internal survey. Hoping they don’t take the results at face value and move forward with addressing many of the valid points in this thread and much more.

Want to bet the survey was only a fraction of hunters and most did not even know it exists. We have all seen surveys that don’t actually represent majority

But if majority are satisfied then proceed as there should be no issue getting support.

The majority of respondents were region one and two. Those regions are why we have a Ndp gov. I would like to know how many of those respondents hunt? I think those north of hope will be surprised with who actually forms the core of bcwf

Quote Originally Posted by Asp View Post
    The majority of respondents were region one and two. Those regions are why we have a Ndp gov. I would like to know how many of those respondents hunt? I think those north of hope will be surprised with who actually forms the core of bcwf
    Well said. I know it’s just a silly survey but yes regions 3 to 8 didn’t really respond to it. We get so few chances to actually submit an opinion to the BCWF. It seems they are reaching out to all of us with concerns and many didn’t take the time to participate. Our clubs will be our other level of communication....let’s be heard.

It always amazes me that so many on this board and other boards in general , will profess to being outraged that their voices are not being heard. But when challenged about how many snail mails , emails or phone calls they have made-- the silence is deafening.. One of the biggest wastes of time is bitching on a forum--- make the call--- write the letters and THEN if you get ignored, you have the right to scream bloody murder. Not until.

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated Ol Phart View Post
    It always amazes me that so many on this board and other boards in general , will profess to being outraged that their voices are not being heard. But when challenged about how many snail mails , emails or phone calls they have made-- the silence is deafening.. One of the biggest wastes of time is bitching on a forum--- make the call--- write the letters and THEN if you get ignored, you have the right to scream bloody murder. Not until.
    I assume email, phone, and face to face qualifies

If so I have the right to scream lol