Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention all resident hunters

Re: Attention all resident hunters

Apparently this list is incomplete and there has been a few hunting clubs/ Orgs invited. Hope so. I have searched online for more information on this with no luck. Either way, this kind of stuff could actually be very good or very bad, but judging on the government in charge and the “public relations” consulatant, it doesn’t look good. Hope our voice is heard loud and clear.

also if anyone is interested, a summary of the first consultation process has been released. You can read through it as some stuff is good, but you can see in other parts that the NGO “Environentalists” had their say as well...

https://engage.gov.bc.ca/app/uploads...18_FINAL-1.pdf

Arrow Re: Attention all resident hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty76 View Post
    Apparently this list is incomplete and there has been a few hunting clubs/ Orgs invited. Hope so.
    Agreed.
    The initial listing indicates three additional sectors that will be at the table, namely Habitat conservation and land trusts, Hunters, trappers, and guides, and Tourism and recreation. It would appear that their "transparent list of attendees" was cut off after Forestry and missed these. If not, we have a serious problem.

And even when we see the additional listings, we still have a problem. The government is quite obviously front-end-loading the attendees that favor an Anti-use position, most likely because they will concur with what the government has already decided THEY want in these matters.

I have searched online for more information on this with no luck.
    I too have conducted rather exhaustive searches for anything related, and can find none?

Since you were the Original Poster, I am now asking YOU directly where this came from?
    Seems odd you had some, but not all of the information on hand to post here?

Either way, this kind of stuff could actually be very good or very bad, but judging on the government in charge and the “public relations” consultant, it doesn’t look good. Hope our voice is heard loud and clear.
    Also agreed.

I do however advise CAUTION in sending any emails taking the consultant or the Ministry to task over our lack of presence until all the details are know! No point in acting The Fool if we have been presented a chair or two at the table...

Looking forward to whatever information you can provide Scotty...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

The people posting on this thread have observed that it appears hunters are under represented or just not invited at this point. At present we have no real lobby to present a reasoned argument to these people on behalf of the hunting community. Individuals contacting the panel can be both good and bad. Depends on their ability to calmly present a reasoned argument. Presently there is another thread on this site promoting a "Hunter Heritage Fund", which the Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia will run. There seems to have been very little enthusiasm from members here to contribute to this fund. In my mind an organization Like WSSBC will do the best job of lobbing on our behalf. Maybe the best solution at this point is for most of us to embrace the concept presented and donate to the Hunter Heritage Fund and let the "Pros" present our case.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

This is, I believe, an older article but gives some insight into who's "driving change" in BC... and it isn't BC residents. https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-change-in-b-c

We definitely have some problems going on in this province at the moment, and all of it is a big negative for RH.

See a lot of anti hunters represented.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

I received this invite directly from Chris.... and Scotty, I think you left off page two of the invite list. Nice escalation everyone.

Every hunting organization you can think of is on the invite list. And it isn't just on this list. I've listened to Chris twice now and I have a lot of confidence in him as a person. His objective (my words) find a way to shift the Governance model to a focus on wildlife and find a method to ensure substantial annual budgets to support wildlife and habitat management. Or is that not what we've all been bitching about for so long? Are we changing our tune?

The reason the initial engagement process which was held in Vancouver was to lay out to industry, what needs to happen to change to support wildlife.

Hunters are not going into this unprepared. There was a meeting in Victoria in October where some aspects of this were discussed and it was only hunters and bio-academia at the table. Most hunting organizations are preparing and emailing, communicating every day.

There is a lot of change occurring during this time. Change for the better I believe. You don't get to choose the outcome of a process before the process begins. So of course there is risk to any discussion. I want more wildlife. Isn't that what each of you wants? And, we can probably find out that many non hunting organizations can support that too. I want a huntable population. That's a bit different. Right now, we need to do something about our wildlife.

For once, I'd like people to assume the best in a process and not shit all over something before they have any facts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I received this invite directly from Chris.... and Scotty, I think you left off page two of the invite list. Nice escalation everyone.

Every hunting organization you can think of is on the invite list. And it isn't just on this list. I've listened to Chris twice now and I have a lot of confidence in him as a person. His objective (my words) find a way to shift the Governance model to a focus on wildlife and find a method to ensure substantial annual budgets to support wildlife and habitat management. Or is that not what we've all been bitching about for so long? Are we changing our tune?

The reason the initial engagement process which was held in Vancouver was to lay out to industry, what needs to happen to change to support wildlife.

Hunters are not going into this unprepared. There was a meeting in Victoria in October where some aspects of this were discussed and it was only hunters and bio-academia at the table. Most hunting organizations are preparing and emailing, communicating every day.

There is a lot of change occurring during this time. Change for the better I believe. You don't get to choose the outcome of a process before the process begins. So of course there is risk to any discussion. I want more wildlife. Isn't that what each of you wants? And, we can probably find out that many non hunting organizations can support that too. I want a huntable population. That's a bit different. Right now, we need to do something about our wildlife.

For once, I'd like people to assume the best in a process and not shit all over something before they have any facts at all.
    Thank You for the informative information.
    Much appreciated and especially the time and effort you put in.
    Thanks BMI

Thanks Jim.