Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attention all resident hunters

Re: Attention all resident hunters

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I received this invite directly from Chris.... and Scotty, I think you left off page two of the invite list. Nice escalation everyone.

Every hunting organization you can think of is on the invite list. And it isn't just on this list. I've listened to Chris twice now and I have a lot of confidence in him as a person. His objective (my words) find a way to shift the Governance model to a focus on wildlife and find a method to ensure substantial annual budgets to support wildlife and habitat management. Or is that not what we've all been bitching about for so long? Are we changing our tune?

The reason the initial engagement process which was held in Vancouver was to lay out to industry, what needs to happen to change to support wildlife.

Hunters are not going into this unprepared. There was a meeting in Victoria in October where some aspects of this were discussed and it was only hunters and bio-academia at the table. Most hunting organizations are preparing and emailing, communicating every day.

There is a lot of change occurring during this time. Change for the better I believe. You don't get to choose the outcome of a process before the process begins. So of course there is risk to any discussion. I want more wildlife. Isn't that what each of you wants? And, we can probably find out that many non hunting organizations can support that too. I want a huntable population. That's a bit different. Right now, we need to do something about our wildlife.

For once, I'd like people to assume the best in a process and not shit all over something before they have any facts at all.

thank you. Yes I got this information second hand, and seems it was missing some information. Shouldn’t have jumped the gun, but recently I have been having little faith in how our government had been managing things. Glad the ones who knew about it are positive about it. Keep up the good work. Will the webinar meetings / discussions be available to the public? Very interested in how this plays out.

And Nog, yes got this second hand, not like me to quickly jump to conclusions. Oh well, now more people know about it. Wish there was some sort of announcement for the ones who can’t be directly involved with clubs/ orgs.

anyways. Apologies for the “Fake news” lol

^^ Thanks. Great attitude. Well, I can't disagree with being concerned about our Provincial Government. Or wait, should we have a proportional representative discussion and consensus on that?

Regarding the ability to listen in on this. I tried to send the invite from one email of mine to another so I could put it in a different calendar and it would not let me send it. I did RSVP that I was interested in participating and then they sent me the initial webinar information, but as of yet, there has been no actual log in details. I have phoned a few of the other hunting orgs to confirm that they will be listening and I know of one that is hopefully going to be able to broadcast to any members interested.

I suspect it's a "they show", and everyone listens type of event, right. I'm hoping to hear positive things. As I said, I have fairly good confidence in Chris.

I have to admit though, I struggle with finding a way (not necessarily from me) to keep more/everyone informed. A lot of the time, I'm in meetings and the information is really not mine to distribute. You'd think a newsletter or a web site would work. On social media, I do get frustrated with mis information. It takes time to settle everyone down and discern truth. I don't like being a guy that says, shit is getting done, but I can't talk about it. That just seems to alienate everyone. I'd prefer to be inclusive.

I have talked to the Director of Wildlife and Habitat and I've proposed they set up an information portal and that Government, become the authoritative source for information. But, a site like that might lack credibility for many people. So I'm not sure what the solution is to keeping more people informed.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    The people posting on this thread have observed that it appears hunters are under represented or just not invited at this point. At present we have no real lobby to present a reasoned argument to these people on behalf of the hunting community. Individuals contacting the panel can be both good and bad. Depends on their ability to calmly present a reasoned argument. Presently there is another thread on this site promoting a "Hunter Heritage Fund", which the Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia will run. There seems to have been very little enthusiasm from members here to contribute to this fund. In my mind an organization Like WSSBC will do the best job of lobbing on our behalf. Maybe the best solution at this point is for most of us to embrace the concept presented and donate to the Hunter Heritage Fund and let the "Pros" present our case.
    Very good points you make !! Not trying to stir the pot here but I wonder how many of us Resident hunters and firearm owners here complain about not being represented ,that we have no voice etc..... So all of us should if you can afford it donate to the Heritage Fund ! You don't have to give $100.00 anything will help . Maybe forgo a few beverages for a week and put the money to the cause .
    Just my thoughts ! I'm going to reach out to some hunters I know who have no idea about the Heritage fund get them on board let's everyone try and do this . Hell some of them don't even know about HBC .
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 12-02-2018 at 11:42 AM.

........Not trying to stir the pot here but I wonder how many of us Resident hunters and firearm owners here complain about not being represented ,that we have no voice etc...........
    1,100 comments on the engagement process from earlier this year
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I received this invite directly from Chris.... and Scotty, I think you left off page two of the invite list. Nice escalation everyone.

Every hunting organization you can think of is on the invite list. And it isn't just on this list. I've listened to Chris twice now and I have a lot of confidence in him as a person. His objective (my words) find a way to shift the Governance model to a focus on wildlife and find a method to ensure substantial annual budgets to support wildlife and habitat management. Or is that not what we've all been bitching about for so long? Are we changing our tune?

The reason the initial engagement process which was held in Vancouver was to lay out to industry, what needs to happen to change to support wildlife.

Hunters are not going into this unprepared. There was a meeting in Victoria in October where some aspects of this were discussed and it was only hunters and bio-academia at the table. Most hunting organizations are preparing and emailing, communicating every day.

There is a lot of change occurring during this time. Change for the better I believe. You don't get to choose the outcome of a process before the process begins. So of course there is risk to any discussion. I want more wildlife. Isn't that what each of you wants? And, we can probably find out that many non hunting organizations can support that too. I want a huntable population. That's a bit different. Right now, we need to do something about our wildlife.

For once, I'd like people to assume the best in a process and not shit all over something before they have any facts at all.
    Thank you for posting this !
    Arctic Lake