Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How important is first light...?

Re: How important is first light...?

An hour holy are you sure about that ahh I guess they changed it for the resident hunter in the past few yeara Hahahahahahaha then? Start driving out earlier.

Jelly Pot Pie ------------------> Have to be a Night Owl <--------------- Check the regs regularly if your classed as a resident hunter --> BC Hunting Regs <-----
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-30-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    An hour holy are you sure about that ahh I guess they changed it for the resident hunter in the past few yeara Hahahahahahaha then? Start driving out earlier.

Jelly Pot Pie ------------------> Have to be a Night Owl <--------------- Check the regs regularly if your classed as a resident hunter --> BC Hunting Regs <-----
    Yeah not like it makes a huge difference. Its usually to dark to shoot within a half hour anyway haha.

Now in Kamloops it's pitch black an hour b4 sunny rise and like yer sayin with Whit and no shit. it is still dark a half hour in fall or I'm Santa Claws Hahahahaha

Jelly Dark - No sign of the morning coming-- > You bin left on yer own ---> Like a rainbow in the dark <------- Dio --> An hour b4 sunrise and I see only dark sky's
    ---------------------------how important iz 4play? --> you want a four point mule, you have to ( Plan and work your way into the day your hunting from early 2 late )
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-30-2018 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Bones n Crewcutz

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Should read the regs again.
    In his case, the regs don't apply. Hunt by the light of candlepower. go out before the resident hunter, get mine, scare the rest back into the bush and over the mountain.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

jello be--BE--A. Under the Ministry's rules you have 30 minutes b4 sunrise and 30 minutes after sunset to legally shoot a deer anything else is closed to firing at a deer.
    jello--be-be,,yu can shoot as long as car battery last.......but yu are talking about duck hunting rules up there..too much coffee,,eh?

My buddy shot a nice 5 pt wt this morning a couple hours after first light...

First light --last light -- in between -- ducks n bucks and what finny in dah minny knows Bo --The BC Regs he knows -- inside and outside --

Jelly ( True ) Shot -- First light - Last light on the last nite and it's December first so 9 daze to qwench thy thirst ----Snow in daah mountains in 3-28 - tracks in snow
    ------------------------------------It's time to go - if yah gotta a 4 by - and try for a trail -- follow it like a snail -- > Monster 4 Mule to fool ---> I'm all shook up! --------
    Last edited by Jelvis; 12-01-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

If you need your sleep..take it and go hunting a little later because being awake and alert and staying healthy is important.... guys with young kids or shift work or long hours you need to take care of yourself...just put in the time you can... I prefer afternoon hunt early season because you catch up on some zzz’s, take care of tasks that work has made impossible, and the you can focus on a hunt mentally cause you have dealt with any pressing things...
    Late season I like the mornings because you are not getting up real early anyway..and I take the afternoons if I need them for chores..
    Being a weekend warrior sucks..somwhere you have to keep hunting enjoyable if it becomes a chore the excuses to stay home become easier then to go..if your shit” is not getting done, if the gas bill is mounting, if you come home tired and pissy. If your partner is doing all the work with kids..
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

horshur is bang on...last saturday chores.sunday morning chores.
    sunday evening 6x6 down and tagged out

Over my career of hunting and guiding, I can count on one hand how many animals I have killed in the first two hours of the day.

Most have been killed in the late morning to mid afternoon.

Funny, this year we were busting out of bed an hour before first light and racing to the place we wanted to hunt, only to not hear or see much. By the third day, we had a discussion on how many moose we had killed or guided to in the early morning....not enough to think about. So we slept in, let others race around getting to the spot and we started around 8-830 am (first light was around 7) and we stayed out to 1 or so (sometimes all day) and killed one moose and had many more come in, all between 10-2.

I personally am not an early morning hunter, yet every year, I get up way before first light and head out for a day of discovery.....it the drive that I might just see something....and I enjoy the out doors.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!