Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National park!

Re: National park!

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    The Province is able to protect land and still allow multiple stakeholders to continue using it.

I get the feeling that they will try and try until this stupid idea gets shoved down the throats of residents
    There is full-time staff hired to shove this down our throats, the only reason it is still alive
    They keep perpetuating the lie about how BC wants a national park, when the truth is the poll showed people are interested in protecting special areas.
    I am for the protection of wild spaces in the region before it is all cemented but BC has tools to do the job.
    A NP would be the extreme answer if the BC Gov can't be trusted to do the right thing
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

This area is right in the midst of thee best mule deer buck country in thee entire world folks! Kare ah Me House -- Keremeos nearby --

Jello Ban Nello -- > Monster muley bucks in all directions at one time --> Worth getting involved in if invited in ---to talk and reason for the hunter to be pleasin --
    --Whitetail, black bears, grouse, rabbit, muley, preds, give me my meds Hahahahahaha -- someone?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-29-2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Bones n Crewcutz

Was it last year or the year before that public forums were held though out the valley to gauge public opinion on a national park reserve. I attended the one in Penticton and to say it was a joke would be an understatement. They had a retired wildlife biologist give a power point presentation to try and add some credibility to the presentation. In my opinion it was nothing more than" present this to the public, kick it around a bit, but bring back a national park reserve. Mention national park and people will get in line to blindly check the "yes" box with no research or understanding of the basic fundamentals to a national park reserve or the impact to existing users withing the park boundaries.

Email sent to parks and our MLA's, as has been said already we all need to get active in these fights. it not going to get better by sitting on the sidelines and complaining.

im sick of seeing our rights and access given away to special interest, at the rate our feds and the NDP are giving away our land my kids have no chance of living this lifestyle.

i would not have an issues if this was not a "reserve" that is the biggest load of s**t i have seen. or one of them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Pacific Rim is a National Park Reserve. I am glad that there is some protection for such a special area. If the native people that have lived there for four or five thousands years have a say ,so be it. Better than hotels and golf courses from one end of the beach to another.
    I absolutely agree with you when it comes to "development".
    I think that is the #1 reason why we are seeing declines in game.
    BUT, I have an issue with this park, as it will still allow FN to hunt yet restrict RH.
    That's what I hate, a 2 tier system at work, and it's happening a lot now.
    I don't blame the FN for this situation, I blame the damn government at work.

I also think part of this "Reserve", is to allow FN to hunt, but, I think they are also trying to stop some of those claims
    right now to hunt in actual National Parks (Not Reserve in title), that we are also hearing about with the FN.
    That, I do blame the FN for!

In other words, the government has lost it's balls to do the right thing for all residents in BC.
    That's my issue.

Resident hunters is what you need to gather under as a group -- I don't come under resident hunter now but did for decades b4 --
    -- I always back the resident hunter in BC -- stand with and help support -- If you want to stand under a title to fight for your right to par tayyyy it's Resident Hunter!

Jel -- my hunting bud is a resident hunter and we stand together -- Resident hunter is what all of us must support to gather together under one umbrella
    ---------------Then we will see Resident Hunter get the attention and favor it has earned over time by spending coin on LEH and GOS ----> Resident Hunter <----
    ---You are the one's who keep the Ministry alive, no one else and the Ministry knows that financially and has an awesome LEH fun type draw happening now!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-29-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: No Bedder then the Vedder says Eddy

I am playing devils advocate here. The National Park Service has a different mandate than our provinial park ministry. A major part of our national system is that Parks Canada protects a portion of each different habitat/ecosystem in our country.Some of those systems are large and some,such as the south okanagon are quite small.Their mandate is to protect these systems as they should be naturally,it is not a mandate to turn them into playgrounds .Of course that is difficult and parks like Banff do not exactly fit into that mold.
    I guess my point is that protecting an area as different and diverse as the south Okanagan is most certainly going to have some adverse effects for some folks but in the long run may be for the greater good. The long run is after we are all gone. Once it is all vineyards and golf courses there is no turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    I am playing devils advocate here. The National Park Service has a different mandate than our provinial park ministry. A major part of our national system is that Parks Canada protects a portion of each different habitat/ecosystem in our country.Some of those systems are large and some,such as the south okanagon are quite small.Their mandate is to protect these systems as they should be naturally,it is not a mandate to turn them into playgrounds .Of course that is difficult and parks like Banff do not exactly fit into that mold.
    I guess my point is that protecting an area as different and diverse as the south Okanagan is most certainly going to have some adverse effects for some folks but in the long run may be for the greater good. The long run is after we are all gone. Once it is all vineyards and golf courses there is no turning back.
    Absolutely.
    But there are other things that can be implemented.
    Be it ORV resrtricted etc etc.
    The issue for me is not the "protect the area".
    The issue is allowing one user group to do something no one else can.
    IF I cant hunt it, they cant hunt.
    But I see no reason why both us and FN can not hunt the area.
    Protect it from development or resource extraction, I am 100% behind that....anywhere!!

I,m in agreement with you Bugle M In. Unfortunately the court system is not in agreement. Everyone likes to blame the government but it is the courts that interpret the laws that are on the books. Until the laws are changed this is how things shall be.