Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National park!

Re: National park!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabled View Post
    Losing opourtunuty, loss of wildlife, generally clueless/uninformed majority of BC residents , degraded habitat etc. This really sucks, wish there was somewhere I could put some money towards sticking up for the average resident hunter.......
    this.
    I wish I was a better public speaker, and had more time in my hands and I would dive right into some sort of grassroots thing. But there are organizations that are out there but just don’t have a big following in BC. Safariclub I think does good work, and is more on the hunting side. And backcountry hunters and anglers does amazing work for access in BC.

We really need to get the public aware of what the NDP, especially George haymen is doing under people’s noses. The thread sirloin started has much info that needs the be compressed and written out in point forms with what is happening and then goes viral. I bet the majority of the public wouldnt be happy.

I was kinda sorta meaning something like the WSSBC and their hunter heritage fundraiser. Any of the above groups are great as well, I’m a member of one of them, but it seems to me the Wild Sheep people are a bit ahead of the others when it comes to responding and taking actual action on BC specific issues.

I heard Stewart Phillip say we needed this park because of global warming. He skimmed over the private hunting ground part.

The Province is able to protect land and still allow multiple stakeholders to continue using it.

I get the feeling that they will try and try until this stupid idea gets shoved down the throats of residents

One of the best vids I've seen explaining the ramifications this park will have on people. And explaining difference between provincial park and this proposed travesty of a national park reserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSV8_Zjnh4

here is the area in question

I know this won.t make me popular but there is another side to this that is not hunting related. Having some form of protection for a rare type of ecosytem . The south okanagan is a one of a kind area for this country. Saving some land from the developers does not seem so bad to the bird watching conservationist in me. The hunter in me does not like to see opportunity lost.It is a rare and important area.

It's been painful watching the northeast side of Osoyoos Lake change from a rare ecosystem (desert) to green vineyards and "Lakeside Cottages" that serve as a backdrop for a commercial fishing boat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJTYWMHjOE

I'm sure there won't be anything similar going on in this "Park"...

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    I know this won.t make me popular but there is another side to this that is not hunting related. Having some form of protection for a rare type of ecosytem . The south okanagan is a one of a kind area for this country. Saving some land from the developers does not seem so bad to the bird watching conservationist in me. The hunter in me does not like to see opportunity lost.It is a rare and important area.
    Then make it a Provincial Park, imo.

Pacific Rim is a National Park Reserve. I am glad that there is some protection for such a special area. If the native people that have lived there for four or five thousands years have a say ,so be it. Better than hotels and golf courses from one end of the beach to another.