Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a "Thank You For Not Shooting"?, LOL

How about a "Thank You For Not Shooting"?, LOL

So, was out this past weekend for MD.
    Not sure if the full moon played a big role or not, but we were out 2 weeks ago, and we saw lots of Doe's, most with atleast 1 fawn, but only saw 2 pt'rs (5 different ones) with the does.
    1 4x3 was taken, but nothing special (nothing I wanted).
    But other then that, not much for big boys in the area, from what we could see or tell.

So this week, pretty much the same scenario, so we decided to go a little more north west and check out Hat Creek. (never been there before, and thought elevation was higher)
    Anyways, saw this handsome chap: see below: (which 1 hunting partner has yet to connect with any game, so this would of been a good warm up).

Anyways, passed some "No Shooting Signs" quite a bit before this buck.
    There were no fences on the side of the raod he was on (other side did).
    Nothing in the background except mountain, and a house back down the road at least 600 yards away.
    As we originally had no intent hunting here, we just decided to "check out the area", I hadn't known/decided to look up Private Property Boundaries and print it out (even if I really knew how to do it?).
    I made the decision that we would "not" take the buck for my friend.
    From the regs, I believe we could have taken him, his girlfriend and the bachelor, making it a triple.
    But, I thought since "I was not positive of the situation", best to err on the side of caution.

I did laugh however, as I said to my partners:
    Yup, they always post "No Shooting" signs.
    BUT, it sure would be polite if they could also post up "Thank You For Not Shooting".
    Sort of like in a construction zone, and then they say thank you, resume speed!!

Anyways, if you know the area well, and know where you can shoot, this boy might be "eligible"
    Around KM 8 or 9 on thee Hat Creek Road (North End).
    Obviously WT in the area!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How about a "Thank You For Not Shooting"?, LOL

Now that's a beauty. He stood there and posed for you.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

There’s totally white tails in the area, there was a bunch taken from a ranch I know not far from there last year and a couple this year, when we were up earlier this month we were %95 sure we saw some does mixed in with mule deer does, unfortunately we couldn’t confirm to be %100

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Now that's a beauty. He stood there and posed for you.
    And if it was a legal "shooting area", then he really had done us a favor by running from the "fenced" property area to the "none fenced area"!
    Yup, with him was a spike about half click before and a doe with him.
    So, for anyone wanting to know where WT's are in R3, there you go.
    But, just make sure you know the area and property lines.
    I still have yet to look into the fact, and if a took an opportunity away from my newbie friend?
    But, I's rather be on the safe side, as I am not there to hunt an piss off the locals/owners in the area.
    I think we could have taken him, but not 100% sure, so "No go".
    And I don't have the status card, nor would I have wanted to play it so close to homesteads.
    But yes, the rut was on!

Great call leaving him if you were uncertain! It instills good ethics in your new hunting partner.

Large Reserve area up there also around Mclean Lake

--Hind quarters are awful big for a white tail? -- Picture perfect too -- That's a pretty picture despite where he stands -- thanx for thee awesome photo

Jelly Picture Perfect -- Whitetail buck -- giving a pose --

horizon shot but backdrop..
    nice picture.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Large Reserve area up there also around Mclean Lake
    Drove around there as well to check out.
    Around the lake was Reserve as well as where we drove in.
    Some new logging happening, which from what I could see is a good thing there as it looks pretty thick with blowdown.
    (Hopefully they keep the cut blocks within reason, compared to other areas, and could be a great benefit for game)
    I will hand it to BC Backroads map book on the Garmin GPS, as it outlines them well.
    Private Property borders is what I am not certain how to "overlay"??, if at all possible even???

Wasn't seeing much movement however this pat weekend in the snow.
    Suspect I will be checking out one of Jelly's mentioned areas next season when/if things get slow.

Many places y,,ll find no hunting,,no trespassing no this,,no that signs,,old ones,,new ones..no fence,,no houses around.....just to keep hunters away,,no legal meaning what so ever.
    We should have a law against illegal signs. It is not allways easy to find ,,,what is legal hunting ground,,and what is not?