Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I on the right track...?

Re: Am I on the right track...?

All good advice above, also if you can find fresh scrapes sit on those, and rattle...as stated above, a good chance your seeing wt sign in the area your hunting..

You could get a vantage point with a tree stand...and it helps with scent control if you are over 12 feet off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    lots of wt
    That's good news!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Wow, thanks for the advice!!! Very much appreciate the suggestions. I'll be out here alone, or with my brother in law if he can get time off. Trying to squeeze it in; the end (for wt) is coming!

Super pumped, will grab a bleat tomorrow, and try to get out a couple more times. I just read up about scrape, I'll have a look out for it now that I have an idea of what it is. The challenge will now to be to get out before first light...

Cheers!!!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

The other thing Josh. Ir you are shooting downhill, or uphill for that matter, remember to hold under as the bullet does not drop like it does on a horizontal shot. The steeper the angle, the lower you hold for the shot.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    The other thing Josh. Ir you are shooting downhill, or uphill for that matter, remember to hold under as the bullet does not drop like it does on a horizontal shot. The steeper the angle, the lower you hold for the shot.
    OK, this is new to me, I'll look this up, the slope is mild, unless I go up the ridge by the treeline. I have a 30-06, hornady WT 150 grain bullets, zeroed at 200, hopefully flat enough, it's 100 a 250 yard shots roughly in the area, surrounded by trees...

Thanks Jagermeister!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

I wouldn't get too hung up on low hold at those distances. There really isn't a huge effect even at a 30 degree angle (which is pretty steep) and if you start holding at the bottom of the chest because you think the bullet will hit high you will miss. Hold centre of lung and good to go!

RC