Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive news from the ministry

Re: Positive news from the ministry

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Of course the dp's won't support the new wildlife agency announced by the Libs
    then they don't have to support the financial investment promised either
    By DP's I am assuming you are referring to NDP.

Hopefully you can elaborate on the wildlife Agency as I don't Remeber the finer details of the liberal plan. All

I know is that tag/licence revenue is being reinvested and that the ministry is actively working in partnership with FN to improve our wildlife management.

I see that as a step in the right direction.

It's always healthy to be skeptical but hopefully we some new ideas/changes over the next couple years.

They are fully aware of our desire for hunting opportunity and FN are very concerned about population numbers. Common goal is to improve population.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    dapesche, great post and so well presented.

Some have been trumpeting the need to invest in wildlife and claim OUR money back out of general revenue and be dedicated to the resource.

It's slowly coming together.

Baby steps.

Again, great and well presented on ur behalf.
    Cheers
    I second this sentiment. Thanks!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I would be happy to compliment the government WHEN they confirm that our tag and fees are reinvested. That has always been a longstanding complaint of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I second this sentiment. Thanks!
    X3 Well written and presented as pointed out, I hope we can all get on in the future and educate each other. All hunters have allot in common it would be nice too have first nations and resident hunters all on the same team.... We could accomplish much together..

Governments like the divide and conquer approach to wildlife management.
    Then they tag up with who ever seems to be getting the most media attention and legal support.
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    .......Hopefully you can elaborate on the wildlife Agency as I don't Remeber the finer details of the liberal plan.
    "The shift toward a stand-alone agency builds on previous accomplishments in enhancing wildlife management, including: finalizing the wildlife allocation policy; implementing a moose enhancement strategy; bringing in an e-licensing system; and increasing First Nations’ participation in wildlife management."

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0037-000783
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

thanks for the positive notes gents. Glad the info is useful.

boxhitch. thanks for the link. I know my contact mentioned $6M for funding so that's close to $5M indicated in the report. He also mentioned BCWF reduced role. Can't confirm if there role is completely erased. Based on the BCWF's wide mandate (wildlife and marinelife), I think I'd prefer the money be spent internally on biologists and partnerships with a focus on wildlife. There will always be waste with the gov't and that's frustrating, but the gents that I know inside the ministry are passionate about what they do.

I am just happy they are doing something. With politics there is typically too much talk and not enough action.

A very close family friend is high up with Interfor. He also noted or provincial gov'ts focus on FN rights and involvement. While this might not be good for industry participants due to capital flowing south of the border, it is good for resident hunters. Not wanting to sound repetitive, but FN want what we want...healthy populations.

fingers crossed.