Thread: Black Eagle Arrows breaking....

Black Eagle Arrows breaking....

Been a Gold Tip fan for years but decided to try Black Eagles this season.

Picked up a pack of BE Carnivores. Seemed like decent shafts, good tolerances. After shooting only about 2 dozen arrows at my target I pulled one out and it was broken about 8" from the nock. Now before any of you say 'did you check them before you shot' Yes I check my arrows everytime they come out of the target and go into the quiver.

I assumed this was a one time thing until I was checking my arrows before my early season hunt and again one broke while flexing in the same spot.

Kind of worried about continuing to use these and will probably go a different route.

Anyone else experience this with BE arrows?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Black Eagle Arrows breaking....

I would go back to Gts don't take a chance of injuring yourself.....

We got a fair sized batch of be bolts last year betwren me and my hunting partner went out for a day of shooting and at the end of the day all my bolts were fine and half of his were trashed and mine were all fine not sure if its the manufacturing or just luck but I like how they fly.
    d

I used carnivores for a year and now onto zombie slayers.

Only time I break them is when I send one down the nock of another...

I have even (one more than one occasion) sent them straight into 2x4 fir from 20-40 yrds and the arrow is fine provided I dig it out in a delicate manor.

Hmmm must be a bad box maybe. I started researching other forums and it seems that this has happened to others aswell. I'm not gonna risk it. Dont feel like putting a hole in my wrist.. it's a bummer cause I really liked how these arrows performed other than breaking. I'm sure most are find but I'm not gonna risk it.

I read on Archery Talk where those shafts were breaking. If it was me , I wouldn't risk shooting those arrows.

I've been using BE solid for a couple of years, actually have a deal with them so I have access to some info and other "pro staff" and I have never even heard of unreliability in them, certainly I have not had any issues personally and why I specifically pursued them.

I have been shooting Deep impacts for 3D and Renegades for hunting (traditional) and cannot fault their resilience. They do have pretty good customer service so I would drop a call to them direct and I'm sure they'll deal with it.........from our retail days, we always found them strong like that.

Quote Originally Posted by OutsyderBC View Post
    I've been using BE solid for a couple of years, actually have a deal with them so I have access to some info and other "pro staff" and I have never even heard of unreliability in them, certainly I have not had any issues personally and why I specifically pursued them.

I have been shooting Deep impacts for 3D and Renegades for hunting (traditional) and cannot fault their resilience. They do have pretty good customer service so I would drop a call to them direct and I'm sure they'll deal with it.........from our retail days, we always found them strong like that.
    I will give them a call. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    I read on Archery Talk where those shafts were breaking. If it was me , I wouldn't risk shooting those arrows.
    Yeah I have read the same. Seems to be hit or miss

Arrow Re: Black Eagle Arrows breaking....

Ran with BE Executioners for several years. Zero Problems.

Have now switched to Zombie Slayers (3rd year), and again, no issues whatsoever.
    Love the way they fly!!
    And love their consistency!

I second the idea of dropping a dime on them.
    And will be interested to hear what they are willing to do for you...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me