Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fx3 6x42 as a hunting scope?

Re: Fx3 6x42 as a hunting scope?

So I pulled the trigger on the fx3. Got i good deal locally. Threw it in some Talley lightweights. Looks great. Just need to take it to the range, the glass seems excellent so far. Can’t wait to see how it is at dawn and dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    So I pulled the trigger on the fx3. Got i good deal locally. Threw it in some Talley lightweights. Looks great. Just need to take it to the range, the glass seems excellent so far. Can’t wait to see how it is at dawn and dusk.
    Owned one for several years. As todbartell says great low light performance and very generous eye relief.

Sold it to a member on here after I decided to get a VX3 wirh the CDS dial set up.

Awesome scope. I would not hesitate to buy one again

What reticle did you get it with?

It came with the wife duplex. Should work fine. I’ve never been a fan of of bdc or tithed types of reticles, seem to busy for me for a hunting scope. Although if I ever start shooting out past 250, I may consider getting the reticle changed, or just buying a fancier scope, and probably another rifle. . . Or 2.

Not sure I would reference the reticle as the “wife reticle” if it really the wide reticule? Pretty funny anyway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Not sure I would reference the reticle as the “wife reticle” if it really the wide reticule? Pretty funny anyway!!!
    Not sure i'd reference the reticle as reticule either. lol! :P

Used that scope for decades it's a great all around scope that should not give you a lick of trouble. If the deer is too small in your scope it's too far away to shoot.