Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mule deer doe draws

Re: Mule deer doe draws

The way I read the regs are you can shoot a mule deer buck in reg 3 and a leh mule deer doe in reg 8?

Not really to sure why anyone would even have to apply
    For more a mule doe laziness in my opinion

If you cant find a legal buck during our long hunting season there is something wrong...last two times I've been out rattled in a 4 point whitey each time not very hard...

my wife had doe draw for reg 3 and was difficult to find does without fawns.i think in my area this looks to be an improvement over last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    The way I read the regs are you can shoot a mule deer buck in reg 3 and a leh mule deer doe in reg 8?
    Ya I think your right, I didn't put in for a doe draw so I hadn't actually thought about how I could get both but your right it isn't actually a provincial limit of 1 mule deer it's just most regions are 1 mule deer. Regardless I still think as long as we have GOS for bucks there should still be at least some LEH for does....and I know I don't want to see mule bucks got to LEH, I think if we need to do that then we are in real trouble...and it won't be hunters who are at fault, same with salmon sport fishing.

Mule deer doe don't have antlers, there bald so it makes for a question? --- That's when the question shoody be answered ---

What am I hunting for ? And why? ---- going for the family thing as a group -- so go the LEH doe - go to the young hunters and new ones. Resident hunters of B.C.

LEH mule deer antler less - should go to new hunters and the young hunters starting out etc. imo 0r family group type hunt --

Jel -- we got to think about it when we go hunting, after an experience and the meat for a treat. Then go LEH mule antlerless or do we want to try for a four point buck?
    ----------------a 4 point buck will be harder to get then filling an antlerless mule deer tag will be -------------------------so you have options in leh -- plan n choose
    When your looking for a legal four point your going to see antlerless mule deer -- so figure out b4 if you can -- your plan of attack --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-23-2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    Not really to sure why anyone would even have to apply
    For more a mule doe laziness in my opinion
    I like to apply for them every year. I had 4 days off this year to go hunting. I'm a meat hunter I shoot the first legal animal I see. I'd like to focus on harvesting larger animals but in my current situation it isnt possible. I didnt get anything this year as I didnt have doe tag, I had a little 2 point at 10 yards but 4pt season.

I am sure there are lots of guys like me who are either starting their careers or are in school and cannot take the time off to go hunting.

Sure let’s attack fellow hunters for legally taking a doe. Said it before and I’ll say it again, Hunter vs hunter BS needs to stop before anything improves

My wife was very proud to take a doe. We were selective on animal taken to ensure survival of fawns. Would estimate her animal to be last years fawn so not really impacting this years recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Maybe they would be wiser to do actual field studies rather than relying on questionnaires? The information that should be used is ACTUAL game populations after-all the predators don't send in their questionnaires. [roll eyes].

I can tell you how I changed my patterns, this year we didn't hunt 5-14 for the 4 point season. The communities of Quesnel and Williams Lake lost a lot of tourist money coming into their community due to someone deciding to reduce the mule deer to 1 per year because 3% of people that cut a tag on a mule deer would cut a second tag on a 4 pt.
    Yup, for some reason people think there are lots of folks who cut more than 1 MD tag in the past.
    But they don't.
    And then no one considers folks like me, who do generally have an opportunity at atleast taking 1 4pt Md each season,
    but don't. (I like to pass it up hoping for something really decent)

The biggest detriment to MD historically have been severe winters.
    If that happens, then okay, give them a break and leave does alone for a couple years.
    But that hasn't been the case.

And yes, there is lots of speculation as to the declines of MD in some areas, whether its preds or is it something else or
    a combination of things?

Hopefully that recent collaring MD project will give some answers.
    But again, let the new regs play out before we start going off the deep end once again, only to bitch later that there still isn't MD in some areas.