Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gang Ranch Boat Launch

Re: Gang Ranch Boat Launch

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    I have wandered about on the east side of the Fraser, including all around the Canoe reserve,
    for a great many years and have always been treated with respect. In fact some of my interactions
    have been above and beyond many other places in friendship. I once spent a good part of the day
    using my truck with 12000 lb winch to help raise logs for their community center building, and in
    return, got to enjoy a fantastic bbq with everyone, including the kids.
    That was many years ago...has me wondering just what has changed to bring about the unfriendly
    attitudes. Could it be outside radical encouragement, or is it because of too much abuse of the area
    by outsiders?
    Cowboys on the west and your friends to the east. They have a boat launch on the east, that makes sense. To claim land on the west side seems odd, especially when no bridges existed back before Europeans arrived. Its just odd and others find it odd too. But like I posted earlier,
    I will just adapt.
    Hunting the promised land

Indians of old in B.C. b4 it was called BC lived in places close to where the fish and game was living so it was easier to kill a deersky ok?

So now when these boat launch things come up, it's where the Indians fished etc

Jel -- holy cow -- take a course at UBC and see how things transpired B4 you get too wired -- If I was Trump you'd be FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    It's fake news butt people like a fight and make this shit up constantly, thriving on it, like a ciggy ret -- you gotta have one no matter addicted

Jelly -- Addicted to leee ove -- > Robert Palmer <------l addicted and needing another just like dah udder ---
    No fake news jelly. The fence and gate is there. Im just surprised the dog creek side let it happen. Its no secret that those two bands have friction dating back a long time ago.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    $$$$$ money
    That is what I implied in a way. We know there are activists both within Canada and the States
    that have been very active in stirring up attitudes, doing so with lofty promises of money and
    lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Indians of old in B.C. b4 it was called BC lived in places close to where the fish and game was living so it was easier to kill a deersky ok?

So now when these boat launch things come up, it's where the Indians fished etc

Jel -- holy cow -- take a course at UBC and see how things transpired B4 you get too wired -- If I was Trump you'd be FIRED!
    Your right jelly . I guess any area in this province really belongs to whoever was here first. My bad.

BC belongs to Mother Nature, Mother Nature was here first then human beings --> Adam and Eve now it's Adam and Steve if yah know whad I'm tryin to say withou

Noo rawwww gotta go

Jel -- The doors are swingin Hahahahahahaha -- Let's share the Canoe and the Dog just don't cross that log across the river unless yah got a full quiver
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-22-2018 at 07:12 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Talked to my Cuz in Willy's Puddle last night. Mentioned the launch being gated. He says the gate is new but the sign to phone the Band for permission has been there ever since Tolko Industries Gifted the land to the Canoe Band. He has always phoned the Band office when using the launch in the past and never had a problem.

Stresd with some chilling news from the Chilly Cootin at Willy's Pond, down to earth and reaching the sky my oh my -- well done good sharing - gate is new
    Now what to do?

You have a cell phone ( a Smart Phone ) use the phone and get talkin b4 yah start unlockin --> a cell phone for this very type of thing -- ding dong <---------

Number on sign since the Mill gave a gift -- seems to uplift

Jelly -- You used to call me on my cell phone -- now your wearing less and going out more --- High Light Bling! -- A Willy's Kinda K Nice Thing --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-22-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Let's see the facts, just dah facts Mam!

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Cowboys on the west and your friends to the east. They have a boat launch on the east, that makes sense. To claim land on the west side seems odd, especially when no bridges existed back before Europeans arrived. Its just odd and others find it odd too. But like I posted earlier,
    I will just adapt.
    As I said, that was a long time ago. At that time, although I wouldn't consider any of the Canoe Lake
    people my friends, they were very friendly to me. The one's working for the Gang that worked on the
    east side out to Meadow Lake would always drop by my camp in the fall if they saw my campfire smoke.
    I, in turn would do the same. Times change though, I don't suppose that outgoing friendly attitude is the
    same as it once was which is sad.