Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Down to the wire Bull Moose

Re: Down to the wire Bull Moose

We arrived at the quads at 6:30. It took 6.5 hours to break him down and pack him out. What a grunt of a pack the last three hundred meters was. All uphill in snow through brush and blowdown. We leapfrogged the meat three times which as always really helps physically and mentally.

While packing in the dark wolves started howling. Nothing makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end when I hear wolves howl...especially when I’m soaked in blood packing meat!! We yelled a few f bombs at them but that didn’t seem to matter. I was happy to see the quads after the howling I can tell ya...

A huge shout out to Brambles for all his help and for letting me use his rifle. I’m a pretty lucky guy to have such a great hunting partner like you, plus you can pack like a mule!! Looking forward to our hunting adventures next year!!
    Live to Hunt...

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

338 edge at 600 yrds is a chip shot! 44 magnum velocities and FtLbs at 1000 yrds!! Plenty of oomff for moose hunting!! Nice work, you guys are animals!! Nice work men, every year is a new adventure! You trying to out do every year previous? Thanks for posting men!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Great young bull. Looks nearly identical to the region 5 November bull me and my buddy took. Great table fare. Those late season bulls know where to hunker down. Ours was in some crazy blowdown. Spotted him from 3.8 km away. Great shot at 600 yards and nice job crossing that log! I would have opted to hike back in with an inflatable. Lol. Not as braves as you guys

Congrats on the bull moose, great shot at 600 yards, lol love the pack out over the log, that looks like a cold time if you fell in, nuts must have been hiked way up as you were crossing lol I know mine would have been,...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post

A huge shout out to Brambles for all his help and for letting me use his rifle. I’m a pretty lucky guy to have such a great hunting partner like you, plus you can pack like a mule!! Looking forward to our hunting adventures next year!!
    Always a pleasure, it was an awesome hunt. That log crossing was certainly outside my comfort zone even before the packs were loaded. I'm strong but far from a ballerina. When we spun 180deg and put the poles upstream it was a game changer....you were just hoping the snow would stay on the log and not chunk off.

We are big fans of leap frogging the meat away from the kill site keeping the trips broken up into smaller managable sections. This time with the wolves proved to be a smart idea as they were likely on the kill before we got the first load to the quads....but the second load had already been leap frogged and was only 100m away..
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

What an adventure! Congratulations!!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Nicely done! Bull looks in prime shape, should be great meat. You boys have big balls, possibly could have done the log crossing in my younger days but would be way out of my comfort zone now!!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Another wonderful story. You and Jeff are an awesome team always demonstrating determination, strategic planning, preparedness, excellent bush skills, and perseverance . Somewhere along the way you've learned to write too.. very proud of you Ken, and I'm sure your Dad would have been too Jeff. Also really good to see you starting the kids off on a lifetime of hunting enjoyment.

Thumbs up Re: Down to the wire Bull Moose

Great story and excellent pix!
    Congrats on the moose, and even more so on not falling off that log!!

Cheers!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Another Fantastic share
    congratulations
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”