Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Priority Action Approach

Re: Priority Action Approach

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Nothing makes me want to vomit more than hunters asking for more restrictions instead of more habitat, and wolf, bear, yote control.
    Shut this down, shorten this, close that, limit access, what a bunch of crap.
    X3 on that. We already have enough restrictions. We could ban all hunting completely, but without addressing other predation and habitat, it is not going to result in more animals.

Often hunters are their own worst enemies. Keep it up and what we will end up with is a one week hunting season in October where every hunter in BC has to drive 10 hours and cram themselves in the bush all at once

But sure, ban salt licks... it's totally habituating... maybe back trailcams too. I wonder how many people actually shoot deer off "bait" in BC each year. Maybe 10 ?

Poison wolves...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Nothing makes me want to vomit more than hunters asking for more restrictions instead of more habitat, and wolf, bear, yote control.
    May u put your finger down your throat. Puke away. Preach habitat. We all get it...better habitat is welcome everywhere. In reality we have to work with what we have. Habitat is lost and not replaced every day in BC.... development and the non stop quest for natural resources. Constantly pointing the finger at habitat is an easy way out. Manage our wildlife for the habitat we have now and it’s a slow process to bring more and better habitat in the coming years. How we vote and more pressure on big industry to replenish habitat and deactivate roads will truly help.

��������������������

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    May u put your finger down your throat. Puke away. Preach habitat. We all get it...better habitat is welcome everywhere. In reality we have to work with what we have. Habitat is lost and not replaced every day in BC.... development and the non stop quest for natural resources. Constantly pointing the finger at habitat is an easy way out. Manage our wildlife for the habitat we have now and it’s a slow process to bring more and better habitat in the coming years. How we vote and more pressure on big industry to replenish habitat and deactivate roads will truly help.

Restricting hunters is not the way. Crack down on the rampant poaching by the keepers of the land, deactivate roads and everyone start doing their part in predator control and we will be on a good path.

I totally agree with you. Its not because of us that numbers are down, it won't fix anything by taking away more opportunity. We need funding for management, PERIOD! This will improve habitat, allow for management of predator numbers, more surveys. Its not that there is too much hunting pressure, there is too much other pressures like industry and predators. We need action not restrictions
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

No arguements. However difficult beyond belief given our current political mess
    and big resource companies not forced to reclaim their mess. Don’t get me wrong. I want things to be as good as 10, 20,30 years ago. I hate change. We’re screwed right now. Shitty govt and very poor hunter,trapper,fisherman representation.
    I see so much habitat preaching on this site. It’s great and a key factor in the future of B.C. But if our current management model is failing with the habitat we have now, it will eventually fail with better habitat as well.
    A failure is not something tried that doesn’t work. A failure is trying the exact same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    Cancel Cow/Calf moose Leh. Cancel Mule deer Doe Leh. Reinstate and increase Grizzly Leh.
    Agree 100%!
    No cows=no moose procreation. 1/2 calf are female. Only would allow it on the rare occasion when it can be proven that there are simply too many for the area to sustain
    Also by hook or by crook night hunting must be stopped ASAP. Also in the name of conservation & proper management indiscriminate year round slaughter should also be looked at carefully.

Yes bring back the grizz hunt. And forget about the meat retention of both grizz & black.
    I'm sure both bears are a big factor in the dwindling moose numbers.
    Read that some grizz have killed over 3 dozen newborns per year. Do the math.
    Wolves also eat moose but at a much lesser scale.

Re does-Unless the numbers are considerably down I'm for LEH & in some cases open.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Heres my list...Difficult to put in order of priority but have tried to short list my concerns.
    1. Shorten seasons in high pressure low number areas - including some rut seasons.
    2. Many more road closures and ATV restrictions province wide.
    3. Put more animals and regions on LEH (spread out hunting pressure)
    4. All sheep. 1 every 3 years.
    5. High pressure sheep areas put on LEH (example: MUs along Alaska Hwy.)
    6. Restructured LEH program borrowing successful formats from other provinces with a progressive draw
    7. Province wide ban on baiting for hunting.(why are we habituating wild animals? Not fair chase)
    8..province wide ban on selling animal parts (except for lisenced trappers)
    9. Introduce educational programs to hunters and trappers for the purpose of a better wolf control program.

guess my list could go on. These concerns seem to be the hot topics among my circle of hunting friends. Difficult to align these concerns with a club or organization but I’m searching.

Something to read:

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/168...bbRGysvzceBSrc

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Thanks. Good read. That would answer to the other sheep restrictions I’ve been hearing about.