Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Priority Action Approach

Re: Priority Action Approach

You do have a point there, but I think any mature buck has the instinct to survive and avoid any possible threat. Especially when they see their buddies get shot by humans. We could get rid of the LEH mule doe to help the population too.
    I also agree with the grizzly hunt being open again.

Research into the effects of herbicide used in forestry

Grizz hunt reinstated

remove cow/doe leh in areas where the species is on the decline

This is just three options I see valid that most would not argue with. Truth is BC is a mess and needs change on many levels

As for more restrictions hunting regs wise it’s going to happen. BC has the some of the longest GOS and liberal opportunity in Canada. BC also has ungulate populations declining beyond anywhere else in Canada. BC is behind most of North America when it comes to management tools relying on basically point restrictions or LEH only. There are ways to limit impact well having hunting opportunities beyond these methods. BC hunters really need to look into the negatives of point restrictions and why this was abandoned in majority of North America.

BC needs way more then hunting reg changes to turn things around

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenmk View Post
    BC mule deer population needs some help in the interior.
    #1. 4 point bucks all year. No more any buck in October.. Should help the population grow, and allow for more big bucks.
    #2. Predator control.
    That's my opinion.

Most if not all of the east kootenays has been 4pt + for the better part of 20yrs......not seeing a huge increase of deer because of it. Need all the local houndsmen to actually shoot some cats that continually live in the wintering range.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Nothing makes me want to vomit more than hunters asking for more restrictions instead of more habitat, and wolf, bear, yote control.
    Shut this down, shorten this, close that, limit access, what a bunch of crap.
    Second that one.

Stop spraying herbicides [poison] all over BC.

Suspend outfitter allocations until the need for resident LEH is gone. [saving mature breeding animals until populations rebound]

Simplify hunting regulations so the average hunter can understand them and have MU lines follow major roads/rivers\pipelines\powerlines so people know exactly which MU they are hunting in.

I must say too. I’m not a fan of the accompany to hunt right now. Went to skooks landing boat launch.... it’s half Alberta plates. Thinking this could be suspended until our critically low populations rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    I must say too. I’m not a fan of the accompany to hunt right now. Went to skooks landing boat launch.... it’s half Alberta plates. Thinking this could be suspended until our critically low populations rebound.
    With the amount of B.C. hunters that hunt in Alberta and apply for draws in the same pool as the Alberta residents decreasing odds of the residents I think this one is a two way street

Little tip about Alberta plates as well lots of guys work in Alberta, use Alberta vehicle insurance and are B.C. residents

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Stop spraying herbicides [poison] all over BC.

Suspend outfitter allocations until the need for resident LEH is gone. [saving mature breeding animals until populations rebound]

Simplify hunting regulations so the average hunter can understand them and have MU lines follow major roads/rivers\pipelines\powerlines so people know exactly which MU they are hunting in.
    can get on board with the first two, but there's no excuse for not knowing the mu boundaries these days...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    can get on board with the first two, but there's no excuse for not knowing the mu boundaries these days...
    Sometimes the CO'S don't even know where the boundaries are. I'm saying they should follow clear lines that are easy to determine by the simplist means possible. We drove a FSR a couple weeks ago that starts in 7-10. A few miles down the road a sign said it was 7-12...then a little further 7-11 then further yet 7-12 again. Its all fine if you stay on the main road but start taking side roads and it would be easy to cross a boundary with no idea you had.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Sometimes the CO'S don't even know where the boundaries are. I'm saying they should follow clear lines that are easy to determine by the simplist means possible. We drove a FSR a couple weeks ago that starts in 7-10. A few miles down the road a sign said it was 7-12...then a little further 7-11 then further yet 7-12 again. Its all fine if you stay on the main road but start taking side roads and it would be easy to cross a boundary with no idea you had.
    Hey Happy,
    i don't know. Maybe you aren't the kinda guy that uses cell phone while hunting. I can respect that. I use my phone as a gps while in the backcountry and I use a couple of different apps. If ever I am wondering about what MU I'm in, or if I'm on private land, or if I have a question about the regulations I look to the Hunt Buddy app. It's a good one. Check it out if you haven't already.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon