Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Priority Action Approach

Priority Action Approach

With the 2018 Hunting Season winding down and so many Resident Hunters having another successful season, I thought it would be a great time to ask the question.

1:What are your concerns in this Province, and to list them in a prioritized order?

2:What action should be taken to address the problem?

3: To follow up and ask your Clubs, Organizations, and friends to share their views.

Let it roll people.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Priority Action Approach

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    With the 2018 Hunting Season winding down and so many Resident Hunters having another successful season, I thought it would be a great time to ask the question.

1:What are your concerns in this Province, and to list them in a prioritized order?

2:What action should be taken to address the problem?

3: To follow up and ask your Clubs, Organizations, and friends to share their views.

Let it roll people.....
    Heres my list...Difficult to put in order of priority but have tried to short list my concerns.
    1. Shorten seasons in high pressure low number areas - including some rut seasons.
    2. Many more road closures and ATV restrictions province wide.
    3. Put more animals and regions on LEH (spread out hunting pressure)
    4. All sheep. 1 every 3 years.
    5. High pressure sheep areas put on LEH (example: MUs along Alaska Hwy.)
    6. Restructured LEH program borrowing successful formats from other provinces with a progressive draw
    7. Province wide ban on baiting for hunting.(why are we habituating wild animals? Not fair chase)
    8..province wide ban on selling animal parts (except for lisenced trappers)
    9. Introduce educational programs to hunters and trappers for the purpose of a better wolf control program.

guess my list could go on. These concerns seem to be the hot topics among my circle of hunting friends. Difficult to align these concerns with a club or organization but I’m searching.

More leh for me
    Last edited by monasheemountainman; 11-20-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Get rid of the November doe draws in region 5 and open them to youth and senior in October

I also like the approach that Alaska takes on their goats with nanny harvest

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Get rid of the November doe draws in region 5 and open them to youth and senior in October

I also like the approach that Alaska takes on their goats with nanny harvest
    I'll have to google it, but I'm assuming a wait period if you shoot a nanny?

Nothing makes me want to vomit more than hunters asking for more restrictions instead of more habitat, and wolf, bear, yote control.
    Shut this down, shorten this, close that, limit access, what a bunch of crap.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Less total asses like road blockers camp wreakers drive by shooters as did not fall down why look and just stupid as a lot of that out there no mater how old .

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I'll have to google it, but I'm assuming a wait period if you shoot a nanny?
    correct-o GOOD SIR

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Nothing makes me want to vomit more than hunters asking for more restrictions instead of more habitat, and wolf, bear, yote control.
    Shut this down, shorten this, close that, limit access, what a bunch of crap.

X2, unfortunately we are our own worst enemy.

Cancel Cow/Calf moose Leh. Cancel Mule deer Doe Leh. Reinstate and increase Grizzly Leh.
    Last edited by dakoda62; 11-21-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.