Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 232/40 ave

232/40 ave

Just curious,,anyone know why the clearcut,,Ive seen big,,and I mean big,,bucks in that field.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 232/40 ave

Not sure. They have been at that for a while now.

you know...progress...slash, burn, pave, paint it pink and call it progress....I am truly becoming more of an old fuddy duddy with every passing day...heheheh

Makes me shake my head every time I see this happen! Can’t cut a tree down in your own yard that could fall on your house with out an arborist report, permit, and putting up a bond. But cutting down hundreds of acres of true wildlife habitat is no problem! Just shows that for a large enough tax stream you can have anything approved!

32 and 192 was another one, could watch up to a dozen deer in the fields and brush in an evening! Now only see rats running across the road. Progress?

ALR, the right to farm. Tough to stop...
    The other is due to zoning bylaws.

we all need more blueberries and mansions !!!

Bison Farm was what I heard

Quote Originally Posted by antlerking View Post
    32 and 192 was another one, could watch up to a dozen deer in the fields and brush in an evening! Now only see rats running across the road. Progress?
    That's all zoned industrial so they're growing more warehouses.

I live by 168th and 24th. They’ve cut down a ton of forested pockets here over the last 5 years. We used to have lots of deer on our acreage. I’ve got some good sized sheds I found in my yard. Now it’s just rabbits racoons and red tailed hawks. At least they put up a nice STATUE of a deer at the new community pool!

We also had a massive old tree with a huge bald eagle nest that had a nesting pair in it every year. I came home from the Sierras in October to see someone had cut down the tree. We had the COs there on the weekend investigating. Hopefully the shithead who owns the land gets a huge fine for having it cut. Doubtful, but we can always hope...