Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grain, Fish & Caribou

Grain, Fish & Caribou

Another blurry photo but you get what you get when it comes to encounters with wolves. Seen this young black this afternoon coming down Highway 5, north of Blue River. He was eating grain spilled by a trucker in a sledder parking lot. Seems like there is always grain spilled here. I have had several encounters with black bears eating grain in this very same spot. By the time we stopped the truck the wolf was bailing out there. Been seeing a ton of wolf sign everywhere I have been lately. Have several dogs working a creek eating salmon. Seems the wolves know how to tie themselves over now the moose are gone. Grain, Fish and Mountain Caribou. To those that preached the wolves would move on once the moose were gone, your theory was an Epic Fail! Now, we have 2 species on the edge of extinction instead of just one. Spending all that money collaring wolves certainly has saved the Mountain Caribou hasn't it?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grain, Fish & Caribou

Yup that's what i have been seeing where i hunt up high, wolf tracks and the lack of ungulate sign.

Lots of wolves in the Robson valley, seen less moose this year for sure. Lots of big big dog tracks in the snow on this weekends hunt. I also came across a yearling cub about 1 hour before I shot my white tail yesterday. Moms got wacked by wolves or maybe a hunter, this thing was following me around for 20 minuites I felt bad for this baby bear. Besides the point.... what can WE do as dedicated hunters and conservationists to help this clearly OUT of control problem? They are almost impossible to target for “hunting” and you need a trap line or permission to trap wolves? Any thoughts on what the average joe with no trap line can do? I’d really like to hammer some preds ... way to many dogs in BC right now.

The only thing I can think of is to donate some gas money to guys like PG66 and other dedicated wolf trappers.

I would like to give back instead of always taking ... open to suggestions on this topic

Do you think it’s a vegan? Maybe a lacto-vegetarian? Ovo-vegetarian? Or lacto-ovo-vegetarian?

We should collar it to study it’s behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbow View Post
    Do you think it’s a vegan? Maybe a lacto-vegetarian? Ovo-vegetarian? Or lacto-ovo-vegetarian?

We should collar it to study it’s behavior.
    Just proves that dog food companies are doing it right by putting a ton of grain into their dog food.

Interesting Dana, I preached this 7 1/2 years ago and as laughed out of the room by the masses. Dumb farmers, what would they know?

I'll just keep killing wolves on my own.

Nice to hear other people say the same damn thing I have been saying for a few years now. I'm from the North Thompson valley, the wolf problem is only getting worse, but as someone else pointed out, got laughed out of the room when it was suggested that the wolves were going to be a problem in the future.
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Interesting Dana, I preached this 7 1/2 years ago and as laughed out of the room by the masses. Dumb farmers, what would they know?

I'll just keep killing wolves on my own.
    Today a big chunk of salmon was laying in the middle of the road. Thought it was aweful big for an eagle to carry it there. Get out for a piss and low and behold, fresh wolf tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Lots of wolves in the Robson valley, seen less moose this year for sure. Lots of big big dog tracks in the snow on this weekends hunt. I also came across a yearling cub about 1 hour before I shot my white tail yesterday. Moms got wacked by wolves or maybe a hunter, this thing was following me around for 20 minuites I felt bad for this baby bear. Besides the point.... what can WE do as dedicated hunters and conservationists to help this clearly OUT of control problem? They are almost impossible to target for “hunting” and you need a trap line or permission to trap wolves? Any thoughts on what the average joe with no trap line can do? I’d really like to hammer some preds ... way to many dogs in BC right now.

The only thing I can think of is to donate some gas money to guys like PG66 and other dedicated wolf trappers.

I would like to give back instead of always taking ... open to suggestions on this topic

I can tell you the first and formost thing you need to do is Vote! We need to get these idiots that are running things out of power! This goes for both the provincial and federal level. The second thing to do is kick out those in the wildlife orgs that are opposed to wolf management. Those in leadership roles that have sat idly by giggling with glee at the facinating wolf colar studies need a good swift kick in the nuts! Kick Them Out!!!

I don't know if anyone caught it on the news, was stuck in a CBC deadzone yesterday and heard the Province is giving up on the wolf cull to save the Southern Mountain Caribou. They say it didn't work and the wolves were just a Scapegoat. This is the government that many on this board voted in. Time to get our collective asses together and vote these yahoos out!!!! the grizzly ban isn't enough. They want to end all predator hunting. Wolf, cougar, black bear are all on the slate. We loose the management of predators and we have lost the management of all game. Vote these *******s out!!!