Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grain, Fish & Caribou

Re: Grain, Fish & Caribou

So who does the vote go to next time around?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I don't know if anyone caught it on the news, was stuck in a CBC deadzone yesterday and heard the Province is giving up on the wolf cull to save the Southern Mountain Caribou. They say it didn't work and the wolves were just a Scapegoat. This is the government that many on this board voted in. Time to get our collective asses together and vote these yahoos out!!!! the grizzly ban isn't enough. They want to end all predator hunting. Wolf, cougar, black bear are all on the slate. We loose the management of predators and we have lost the management of all game. Vote these *******s out!!!
    Why am I not surprised, the government is giving up because they realize that they are in way over their heads and the "rednecks" were right all these years!! We all knew it then, but ol' David Suzuki is full of &^%$ when he said that the wolves were going to go extinct if we didnt leave them alone...Thanks David, thanks for being part of the problem..
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

rackstar good question?

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Lots of wolves in the Robson valley, seen less moose this year for sure. Lots of big big dog tracks in the snow on this weekends hunt. I also came across a yearling cub about 1 hour before I shot my white tail yesterday. Moms got wacked by wolves or maybe a hunter, this thing was following me around for 20 minuites I felt bad for this baby bear. Besides the point.... what can WE do as dedicated hunters and conservationists to help this clearly OUT of control problem? They are almost impossible to target for “hunting” and you need a trap line or permission to trap wolves? Any thoughts on what the average joe with no trap line can do? I’d really like to hammer some preds ... way to many dogs in BC right now.

The only thing I can think of is to donate some gas money to guys like PG66 and other dedicated wolf trappers.

I would like to give back instead of always taking ... open to suggestions on this topic
    Same here......here in region 8 it seems to be decent overall still for ungulates, but we are seeing more and more wolves which is very concerning...other than hunt dogs it would be nice to know other unconventional methods for taking them out...wish I had the knowledge, time, and resources to run a trapline...

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I don't know if anyone caught it on the news, was stuck in a CBC deadzone yesterday and heard the Province is giving up on the wolf cull to save the Southern Mountain Caribou. They say it didn't work and the wolves were just a Scapegoat. This is the government that many on this board voted in. Time to get our collective asses together and vote these yahoos out!!!! the grizzly ban isn't enough. They want to end all predator hunting. Wolf, cougar, black bear are all on the slate. We loose the management of predators and we have lost the management of all game. Vote these *******s out!!!
    I agree.....

The old boys had it right! Shoot on sight and poison the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    So who does the vote go to next time around?
    Vote for the party that isn't against hunting and shooting. Federally, that is the Conservatives. Provincially that is the BC Liberals. If you don't like those options then you better chose your poison. Do you want to continue to hunt and shoot in the future? Do you want the hunting heritage to continue for your childern and grandchildern? Or do you want to virtue signal as a social justice warrior and save the planet, go green, go vegan and stop the economy because life isn't fair all the while as you sip your latte in a coffee shop while you wait for your electric car to recharge.
    Last edited by dana; 11-21-2018 at 06:56 PM.