Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

The Wild Sheep Society of BC is developing a campaign to educate the non-hunting public about hunting in order to combat the constant attacks against our way of life. This Hunter Heritage campaign is really starting to gain steam, but as it's a grass-roots movement, we will need financial support from hunters.

This is your chance to contribute to the continuation of our way of life as hunters:

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/wil...nter-heritage/
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

Great post, and a great incentive to get involved and spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Great post, and a great incentive to get involved and spread the word!
    Yes, there was a thread on here a short time ago, where the need for a PR campaign was discussed. Hopefully those who supported the concept will step up to the plate and donate. This is really important
    Last edited by 325; 11-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Done happy to help
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Happy to help as well!

Count me in

187 views so far with only 5 posts. I’m assuming all the posters donated. How about those who view but don’t post? If you can afford to hunt, you can afford to donate $100. Less than a tank of gas.

Honestly folks, if we lose hunting in this province, our grandchildren will say “why didn’t they do something”.
    We are the “they”. It’s up to us to make this campaign successful and ensure our hunting Heritage persists.

Lets not fail those coming behind us.

Awesome initiative! I will be donating for sure, as far as I can see the WSSBC is far and away the best hunter based conservation group in BC today.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

For those that click on this thread but can't be bothered to go to the link here's the outline of what we're up to:

THE HUNTER HERITAGE PROGRAM

This ambitious project will be unveiled the week of February 3 rd , 2019. It is important to note that if we are to change the public perception of hunting, we must focus on the non-hunting public. The harsh truth is we have been doing a poor job of this to date. We must adapt.

Although the anti-hunters are the most vocal, the overwhelming majority of people remain neutral on the topic of hunting. It is their hearts and minds that we must win over and educate.

This campaign is designed around that premise.

The initial launch will consist of several short videos that will be distributed via digital media channels with the purpose of driving traffic away from the toxic environment of social media to a new stand-alone website. This platform will host longer videos, articles, and a podcast series, along with other thought provoking material.

In totality, the content will serve the express purpose of engaging, inspiring and educating the non-hunter, and through these efforts, show the average non-hunter that our way of life is relatable and acceptable in modern society.

If we win their hearts and minds, we will win this war.
    Well over a 100,000 hunters in this province and the excuse of "somebody outa do something" is over. I'm the "somebody"... you're the "somebody". Can't do a $100? Kick in $10, have a spouse that hunts? kick in 10 for them too... kids? How about $5 a head for them? Wars cost money and we as a group are very late to the party.

RC

- go to the link and donate.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

As a matter of fact I will be donating a rifle to be raffled off for this cause, just waiting to hear back from the powers that be for the go ahead, it’s a great cause please help out and donate.
    WF

$100 Donation made
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 11-19-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America