Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

Re: Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

Is there a target amount? More is better obviously! Just curious as to the amount collected so far?

Looking at the budget to see if I can do another hundred on the second draw...some great prizes! Good on the donors!

Lets keep this going fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    Is there a target amount? More is better obviously! Just curious as to the amount collected so far?

Looking at the budget to see if I can do another hundred on the second draw...some great prizes! Good on the donors!

Lets keep this going fellas!
    As this campaign will be ongoing, we will require continued financial support. Hopefully, once the program is proven, we can attract industry/government funding, but those are unknowns at this time. This is a "grass-roots" campaign.

As for current revenue from this particular donation, I am not sure where we are at, but a couple days ago, it wasn't impressive, and we are accumulating donations much more slowly than I would have thought.

With the number of people viewing this thread, I would guess far less than 5% are donating. I am honestly a bit disappointed, but we will make this work one way or another.

Hunters need to start putting their money where their mouth is.
    Last edited by 325; 11-27-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    With the number of people viewing this thread, I would guess far less than 5% are donating. I am honestly a bit disappointed, but we will make this work one way or another.
    To be fair, likely most of us who are actually interested in the program have viewed this thread 20+ times each, which obviously drives the 'views' up a ton. I always wish that a forum would separate 'views' by 'views by separate members' to really give a good picture of who was looking.

In any case, everyone needs to get involved, share emails and forward to family or friends to get them involved as well. A lot of this will build steam I believe as it continues to grow, or at least that's my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    To be fair, likely most of us who are actually interested in the program have viewed this thread 20+ times each, which obviously drives the 'views' up a ton. I always wish that a forum would separate 'views' by 'views by separate members' to really give a good picture of who was looking.

In any case, everyone needs to get involved, share emails and forward to family or friends to get them involved as well. A lot of this will build steam I believe as it continues to grow, or at least that's my hope.
    I agree, it's hard to know for sure, but it appears as though only those who have posted on this thread have actually donated, give or take.

I am very thankful for those who've donated

I agree, it's hard to know for sure, but it appears as though only those who have posted on this thread have actually donated, give or take.

I am very thankful for those who've donated
    I think its similar to the membership drive or anything like that. Guys need to get off their butts and challenge eachother to find others to donate. Not only should everyone be donating to things like this, but everyone should be challenging themselves to find 5 friends or family to donate as well. Its simply not good enough for guys to donate their $100 and walk away, so hopefully spreading the word and committing the idea of finding their own donors will allow it to grow exponentially.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I think everyone should know they don't have to donate a $100, any amount would help, with approx 100,000 hunter in BC if everyone donated $5 it would do wonders, heck even $2 each would be amazing.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I think its similar to the membership drive or anything like that. Guys need to get off their butts and challenge eachother to find others to donate. Not only should everyone be donating to things like this, but everyone should be challenging themselves to find 5 friends or family to donate as well. Its simply not good enough for guys to donate their $100 and walk away, so hopefully spreading the word and committing the idea of finding their own donors will allow it to grow exponentially.
    Yes, I'm hoping for the same thing.

It’s very sad that most people won’t even donate some money to something that could do wonders for their hobby/ way of life. I’ve donated $200 already and will be donating more in the new year. Will see if I can get any other guys to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty76 View Post
    It’s very sad that most people won’t even donate some money to something that could do wonders for their hobby/ way of life. I’ve donated $200 already and will be donating more in the new year. Will see if I can get any other guys to donate.
    Thanks! I have reached out too, even out of province, as this campaign will benefit all hunters, not just those in BC

As this campaign will be ongoing, we will require continued financial support. Hopefully, once the program is proven, we can attract industry/government funding, but those are unknowns at this time. This is a "grass-roots" campaign.

As for current revenue from this particular donation, I am not sure where we are at, but a couple days ago, it wasn't impressive, and we are accumulating donations much more slowly than I would have thought.

Hunters need to start putting their money where their mouth is.
    Thanks! I was just curious.

Lets put a $100 donation in perspective...it costs more to put fuel in your truck for a day of hunting...and we think nothing of putting fuel in the truck for hunting. Common fellas...lets be honest. Most of us have had bigger tabs at the bar; so get on with the donations already