Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

Re: Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

Lets keep this going, time to do your part if you can't help by writing letters or giving of your time fear not! its OK to be an armchair activist and throw money at the problem so others can put it to good ends!
    I know it's almost Christmas and money may be a bit tight but come on shoot a couple boxes less and throw the money to a good cause!
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Let’s keep this going. I know lots of you have yet to donate. All hunters stand to benefit from this campaign. Don’t be the type that complains that something needs to be done, then hide in the shadows when someone is actually doing something, and asks so little of you. All the volunteer hours, meetings, planning, etc. are being done by others. The only ask of you (and by “you”, I mean those who’ve yet to donate) is a small donation. Step up.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Let’s keep this going. I know lots of you have yet to donate. All hunters stand to benefit from this campaign. Don’t be the type that complains that something needs to be done, then hide in the shadows when someone is actually doing something, and asks so little of you. All the volunteer hours, meetings, planning, etc. are being done by others. The only ask of you (and by “you”, I mean those who’ve yet to donate) is a small donation. Step up.
    Here Here !

There is lots of folks on this forum talking about hunters needing to band together for a common goal and hunters needing some strong leadership to get behind. Well, I think this might be some of what all those hunters are looking for! Come on folks!
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 12-07-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

To the top!!

guest Guest

If there ever was a cause for Hunters to Protect their hunting heritage and traditions.......
    This is the Best Ive seen to try to accomplish it.

Get involved, donate any thing you can.

Your hunting future is being taken away bit by bit by the Anti movement.

I don't know how to word this. So I'll try my best.

First of all. Finally someone is stepping up! Thank you.

Now I just want to bring an idea, or perspective, that may or may not already be on the radar. The "hunter image" within young academia. Changing this alone, can save hunting. Here is my thoughts.

Whether we like it or not. Our Universities, professors, and more importantly our STUDENTS...shape our world. How many are caught off guard by the extreme SJW ideals in North America? Talk to a professor.. these ideas started WAY before any of us felt it. They were taught to students, who then graduated and began pushing them on the real world. Here we are in 2018, and many of the people starting to call the shots, learned those things 10years ago. With most (if not all) social ideas, it comes from the world of academia first.

Meat Eater... this image of a hunter not just being Bubba driving around in a pick up drinking beer and shooting animals.. it's resonating with the younger crowd. Even my non-hunter city friends (between the age of 20-30) love that show and now think hunting is great (even if they don't hunt). We can't rely on a single political party. The Librals won't always be in power. So we need the young 20 year old kids at Uvic who vote NDP to understand what hunting is. You can be cynical all you want. I've seen it happen countless times. I have VEGAN friends who go out of their way to ask about my hunting trips. Because it's presented to them in a new way they can actually get on board with. Hunting needs an image that moves beyond "city vs country", "left vs right"... it can be done. Just look at the reception Meat Eater gets WHILE ON NETFLIX, versus some show on Wild TV. So many non hunters hear that I hunt and go "you ever watch that meat eater show? Man it's cool!". And those are the very same 25year old university kids most think "are against us".

I believe there is a women who posted her caribou hunt on here? Jenny maybe? That story was so well written, I wanted to show it to all my non-hunter friends and say "read this!". And people will. The people who right now are graduating with political science degrees or biology degrees.. who are going to go on and work in BC politics, or teach at BC universities and set up the next generations of young adults who will go on to be policy makers. They'll read it. Her blog alone is doing our community so much.

Please. Work with with Universities of BC, the students, put money towards getting well written stories like hers out to the general public. Invest in creating a generation of city kids who see hunting for what it is. A love of nature and wild places.

Does this at all make sense? Maybe I am ranting.

Too long to read: Invest in BC's Universities.

Good thoughts for sure. Our outreach will target urban non-hunters, of all ages, but having specific elements of the campaign that target universities may be something we can look into.

Of course all this requires money! Have you donated??

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Good thoughts for sure. Our outreach will target urban non-hunters, of all ages, but having specific elements of the campaign that target universities may be something we can look into.

Of course all this requires money! Have you donated??
    Get paid on Friday. Will donate then!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Get paid on Friday. Will donate then!
    Thanks. Honestly, I think this campaign will yield the results we all want. It will undoubtedly evolve over the months and years as it grows. Keep pitching ideas though, as we all need to have a vested interest in this