Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Looking for new knife sharpener

Re: Looking for new knife sharpener

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    It's a knife .. not a chisel. Not going to carry around a scandi grind knife and a file like some savage. Have some class you guys. Lol
    True, but like a chisel it's a tool and this is one straightforward way to get the job done.

Take your time and practisce with the lansky you will get rewarded .. and i just use a pop bottle or a beer bottle to hone it . using the sides and sometimes the rim . rim first then the sides . just a couple of good presses worked to get it back to shape . using a car window works too just as a quick touch up.. roll it down and use the edge . works just fine
    " Never tell me the Odds "

I have worksharp ken onion edition, i love it and use it for most my knives, you can get a good edge in seconds and fix a chipped edge in minutes (more belt changes) watch a few how-to videos so you understand the concept and what to look for. The only hard part is watching to make sure you dont round the tip off. Start with a shitty knife for practice. Yes it give it a convex micro bevel. If anyone is on the island and wants to try it shoot me a PM.