Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More hunting traffic in reg 2

Re: More hunting traffic in reg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    And give it time and region 2 will be added to the 1 buck regions
    Could be a good thing though, more chance for the regions to recover more. I hear often enough how many deer squamish and pemberton used to have versus now.

Needs more predator control as well of course. even in a few years i've noticed more and more predator sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ducktoller View Post
    Could be a good thing though, more chance for the regions to recover more. I hear often enough how many deer squamish and pemberton used to have versus now.

Needs more predator control as well of course. even in a few years i've noticed more and more predator sign.
    Could be but in most of region to preds are not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ducktoller View Post

Im a BT hunter first and when I say trust me? I mean Trust me! There is no lack of game in reg 2. I work on and off up in Pembeton and Squamish and the game is abundant. On one weekend I seen a Bull moose, 5 goats, 30 deer and a bull elk!! This is no shit dude, reg 2 is just hard to hunt.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

I can't imagine doing long out of town trips for BT's. I would be broke, unemployed and probably single.

Any 250's that can drop into Region 2 and come out with a BT earned it in my books.

I don't think Region 2 will ever have a 1 deer limit. 99% of the huntable region is not accessible/visible from roads. And that won't change unless they start blasting off mountains, building roads everywhere and logging everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    And give it time and region 2 will be added to the 1 buck regions
    Shut your mouth!
    Tell it how it is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Im a BT hunter first and when I say trust me? I mean Trust me! There is no lack of game in reg 2. I work on and off up in Pembeton and Squamish and the game is abundant. On one weekend I seen a Bull moose, 5 goats, 30 deer and a bull elk!! This is no shit dude, reg 2 is just hard to hunt.
    Probably fair. I'm newer and have gotten less lazy each season and see more bt every year the farther I hike and look. Maybe people are just lazier.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I noticed roads in my Region 2 area were pretty busy but still nobody actually in the bush. I don't mind if the FSR's resemble a highway. I still never see anyone in the timber
    The road “hunters” do a great job of pushing animals into the bush where “real” hunters can shoot them!

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    The road “hunters” do a great job of pushing animals into the bush where “real” hunters can shoot them!
    lol, yup..ain't that the dang truth!
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

Right on! Maybe the Reg 3 ATV closures keeps you lazy Reg 2 hunters away!! ;P
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

You will find lots of traffic where piston heads can go. It's simple. If you are willing to hike & bushwhack for a couple of hours you can find spots in any region that has plenty of deer and no traffic. I agree, lots of deer and other critters in Region 2. It's just tough, thick and dense terrain.