Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 'Historical' BC Hunting Photos

Re: 'Historical' BC Hunting Photos

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Now that photobucket is essentially dead, I'm using Imgur. More of a process now. Upload photos using my phone app but can't seem to figure out how to post from the phone. But posting from my ipad without the app seems to work fine. Can't upload with the idad though. So with two devices it is workable.
    Im using my phone and find it is relatively easy. Haven’t loaded the app yet, not sure I will. Copy B.B. code to the thread and it appears automatically once you hit post/reply.
    Live to Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Im using my phone and find it is relatively easy. Haven’t loaded the app yet, not sure I will. Copy B.B. code to the thread and it appears automatically once you hit post/reply.
    There doesn't seem to be the copy BB code option on the app. And outside the app on my ipad, no option to upload. Might be the generation ipad I have. As it is an older one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roots View Post
    They actually do! Good eyes! That's how they're listed in the Archives. Hmm...
    Same buck too.

Really great pics!
    The World is run by those that show up.

Few more from the Vancouver archives.

Man outside log cabin with rifle, traps, and other hunting equipment, 1890s

Bear shot at Burnaby Lake, 1904

Hunters and animals shot at Burnaby Lake, 1904

"Wild cat" shot at Burnaby Lake, 1904

Two men posing with dead deer draped over the hood of a car, 1923

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ee071962-e436-4de4-808f-5e8e8c19cc2f-A09644_141.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	7260  
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

I doubt that the first picture in the first post of this thread has anything to do with Vancouver or anywhere else on the lower mainland. Those are all white tail and they did not exist in that area of BC and it would be highly doubtful that that picture would be anywhere in BC for that matter. Whitetail are relative newcomers here.

There are other photos that seem staged. Like the one of the two fellows with the whitetail hung. Guy on the left has a lever gun in hand and a shotgun belt around the waist.

If you want to see historical hunting photos of BC, visit the website of the Provincial Archives, photos. Search the "Hunting" section. I haven't been there for quite a while and they are constantly changing the website so you will most likely have to search diligently to find what you seek.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

They look like blacktails to me.

You very well may be right. Looking at the antlers suggests a fork in tine unlike a whitetail.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I doubt that the first picture in the first post of this thread has anything to do with Vancouver or anywhere else on the lower mainland. Those are all white tail and they did not exist in that area of BC and it would be highly doubtful that that picture would be anywhere in BC for that matter. Whitetail are relative newcomers here.

There are other photos that seem staged. Like the one of the two fellows with the whitetail hung. Guy on the left has a lever gun in hand and a shotgun belt around the waist.

If you want to see historical hunting photos of BC, visit the website of the Provincial Archives, photos. Search the "Hunting" section. I haven't been there for quite a while and they are constantly changing the website so you will most likely have to search diligently to find what you seek.
    Just a FYI
    There's a NT Whitetail listed in the BC Record book that was shot back in 1905 , few more from 1920+30's they be here longer than what you think .
    Seen a few pictures from the Rock Creek - Kettle River region of Whitetails shot back in the 20's + 30's .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Some really nice animals in the pics and no premium ammo, high end expensive optics and fancy clothes to get them, funny how people’s mentality changed to thinking you NEED fancy expensive accessories to be successful.
    Be be fair the animals are 1000x pressured now and wise to our tactics, but generally you're 100 percent correct.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    They look like blacktails to me.
    Looks like that to me too.