Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: road deactivations for sensitive habitat

Re: road deactivations for sensitive habitat

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    good points wil
    can be a long term problem in areas where the practice has changed to smaller cut blocks.
    The checker board squares get taken out over a long time so the mains stay open

L T, roads to rec areas or fishing lakes will always be open , no worries there
    Im not talking “rec areas” every swinging dick can tow a 30 foot trailer to. Some like to actually camp in butt F no where .

Again.... it’s people who at this point can hike to hunt want this... you are the ones who are telling other to F off, and if you can’t hike it don’t hunt IMO. You guys are like the gun grabbers “if it saves just one life “ ...I think tearing up roads is dumb...(can you tell )
    Last edited by limit time; 11-18-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    good points wil
    can be a long term problem in areas where the practice has changed to smaller cut blocks.
    The checker board squares get taken out over a long time so the mains stay open

L T, roads to rec areas or fishing lakes will always be open , no worries there
    Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Im not talking “rec areas” every swinging dick can tow a 30 foot trailer to. Some like to actually camp in butt F no where .

Again.... it’s people who at this point can hike to hunt want this... you are the ones who are telling other to F off, and if you can’t hike it don’t hunt IMO. You guys are like the gun grabbers “if it saves just one life “ ...I think tearing up roads is dumb...(can you tell )
    You are right on LT , and the majority of people I know and hunt with agree . This deactivating of roads has to stop ! Total waste of taxpayer dollars and has nothing to do with wildlife .

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    You are right on LT , and the majority of people I know and hunt with agree . This deactivating of roads has to stop ! Total waste of taxpayer dollars and has nothing to do with wildlife .
    Has everything to do with wildlife. The amount of country opened up in the past few years is ridiculous. The majority of hunters i know are in favor of deactivation to give wildlife a break. It's going to be either deactivation or quad and motorized bans. Deactivation or obliteration needs no policing and is very effective.

I'd rather see more wolf management than roads deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    I'd rather see more wolf management than roads deactivated.
    Properly deactivated roads is wolf management.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    Properly deactivated roads is wolf management.
    I know what you are saying but I think the wolf situation in this province is beyond "properly" deactivated roads having much effect. We need more helicopters and funded trappers(who need access).....then I could see deactivating some roads might help to protect further down the road.

Properly deactivated roads manage the two legged wolves that hunt all year......

Wasn't long ago the big bitch on here was about all the gates being put up on the fsr, cutting off ALL access to our hunting grounds. So we want the roads pulled back but we don't want them gated? I'm confused. I don't know one faking gate I can't WALK around...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I love exploring old logging roads. I hate gates.

Not a fan of deactivation.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

People love to road hunt is what I'm noticing lately -- sore knees - sore hips - and just don't enjoy walking off into the bush too far at all now a daze --

Jel - I will admit I'm starting to like the road hunting now -- my buddy drives a four by four and we go around Kammy 3 times this year with his RAM.