Thread: Finally a Band!!

Finally a Band!!

The season has been off to a bit of a slow start for us this year, with a few trips out with not a whole lot of success. Today things finally clicked good and we ended up with a decent number of geese for a nice cold saturday morning. Also finally connected with the alusive collared goose, the first banded bird for me. Fieldmarshal pointed it out when the flock went overhead for the first pass, and that sucker had a bullseye on him when the flock came into the spread. Gander from Cordova Alaska of all places, quite the journey for this guy to the island!

Also from some of you guys, contrary to popular belief since he hasn't shown himself on here for awhile, Fieldmarshal is still alive and well and giving us shit in the blind every hunt! Photographic evidence has been provided.

Last edited by Hardie Boy; 11-18-2018 at 07:23 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finally a Band!!

Well done, good to hear you island guys are all doing well
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Great work!

Saw my first collared deer this year in Region 8,,,supposedly she had traveled quite a distance. It's kind of cool to see things that are a little out of the ordinary.

Nice, that band sure stands out

Very cool. Congrats

Duskies are legal up there, eh?

Shoot one here in WA state and your season is over. Have had the opportunity to kill a few of these red collars over the years and have buddies that have literally passed on hundreds. Congrats on a successful hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobayashi View Post
    Duskies are legal up there, eh?

Shoot one here in WA state and your season is over. Have had the opportunity to kill a few of these red collars over the years and have buddies that have literally passed on hundreds. Congrats on a successful hunt.
    Kinda funny that they're a closed season down there. Up here, we have plenty to go around, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    Kinda funny that they're a closed season down there. Up here, we have plenty to go around, heh.
    They're very concentrated. Most guys don't even know they exist. But in the right parts of WA and OR... they're all over the place. I have killed them outside the permit zone before it was illegal statewide but never a marked bird.

ShotgunJohn and I got one about 6 years ago, we didn't realize it had a collar on it until the dog brought it back to the blind. I explained to the lady as I called it in we didn't see the collar as the goose came into the decoys with the sun to it's back and she said we did nothing wrong and that we are allowed to shoot them in Canada.

Congrats guys! Nice to know the Duskies are still flying over the island.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goose_resized.jpg  
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF