Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, so educate me on Wolfs and Conservationism

Ok, so educate me on Wolfs and Conservationism

Alright, so I do not mean to "stir the pot". I am looking for educated opinions on "is it smart/should we (have) re-introduce(d) wolves in areas of BC where they have not been around for a while". I have heard every opinion from "shoot the killers all on sight" to "the poor cuddly doggies just want to live".
    Not interested in politics, but would like to get some educated opinions on the above subject, ideally with an explanation why.

Tag you are it....
    Last edited by Would Rather Be Fishing; 11-17-2018 at 06:46 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ok, so educate me on Wolfs and Conservationism

Well....

For starters, the plural of wolf is "wolves".

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Well....

For starters, the plural of wolf is "wolves".
    Thank you! I knew I was asking in the right place!

Peoples dogs like Huskies and Akitas look too much like wolfs Hahahahaa to me so I wouldn't shoot a canine in the bush -- that's why.

Jel -- people walk in the bush with their pet Husky's and dogs that look like wild animules too much --- to take a pot shot!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-17-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: To Take a Pot Shot!

Smile Re: Ok, so educate me on Wolfs and Conservationism

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Alright, so I do not mean to "stir the pot". I am looking for educated opinions on "is it smart/should we (have) re-introduce(d) wolves in areas of BC where they have not been around for a while". I have heard every opinion from "shoot the killers all on sight" to "the poor cuddly doggies just want to live".
    Not interested in politics, but would like to get some educated opinions on the above subject, ideally with an explanation why.

Tag you are it....
    Im not educated by school. I’m educated in hunting and guiding in many regions of north and western Canada. Wolf management is tricky to put it mildly. As hunters we have a perfect model of wildlife management in our heads. We want diversity in species, healthy populations and great habitat. If and when we achieve this goal the conditions are perfect for a predator population explosion and boom our perfect management model is all screwed up. Wolves in particular are perfectly evolved predators and can do much damage to a healthy population of animals. I’ve hunted and worked in areas which were effectively wolf managed and yes hunting and guiding was very good. Wolf management is the biggest challenge facing ministries and hunters. Not only is it faced with high opposition by non and anti hunters, it is very time consuming and expensive to perform ministry type management. Us as hunters will do what we can and shoot a few, trappers will snare a few but our attempts do very little in the grand scheme as wolves are known to all as being difficult to hunt and trap due to their intelligence and natural instincts. I have urged BCWF to gather expert advice and transfer this knowledge to B.C. hunters and trappers.(big surprise no reply by BCWF to my emails)
    ive seen my favourite elk, mule deer and now whitetail spots turn to ghost towns due to wolf predation. A reintroduced wolf is my enemy because I buy into our management model (sometimes) and my favourite places are now without elk and deer. But hey...wolves were here long before me and I will reluctantly ride out this cycle.
    Look forward to more thoughts from others

Reintroduce Wolves to certain area's of BC

Good one, LMAO!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

"is it smart/should we (have) re-introduce(d) wolves in areas of BC where they have not been around for a while"
    where did that suggestion come from if it wasn't meant to stir the pot ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Please tell me , what part of BC has no wolves

OP

Are you related to RatherBeFishing?