Thread: Info seeking - KAM 500 LD reel

Info seeking - KAM 500 LD reel

I've recently lost my father in law and we're in the process of cleaning out boxes of crap he's collected over the last 3 decades.

I've come across a real, it's big, gold and marked with KAM500LD. I did a cursory google search but can't find anything on it (that's in English)

Any of you good folks heard of or know if its worth keeping, throwing out or selling?

Thanks, panic
    "Dear God, if I die first, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I said I paid for them."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Info seeking - KAM 500 LD reel

It might be worth your while to take a photo of the reel on a plain background (maybe a black?) and use google photo search to see if you can find something on it.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Does it say "Omoto" on it ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Does it say "Omoto" on it ?
    Yes sir, Omoto.

Imgur Album
    "Dear God, if I die first, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I said I paid for them."

"We have to admit that Omoto old KAM reel (first generation) was a pos. We tested it, and it could not handle any big flight with the big fishes. It took them 2 years to re-design internal structure. Last year, they sent us their new big games reel called S series (or Poseidon) size 50 in 2 speeds. It is very impressive. They actually took into a lot of the advices from us and other companies in CA. The S series does not lock up like their big brother "KAM" during the flight. It is very smooth.
    Actually, Omoto does not use the same factory as Shimano. Shimano is not made in Taiwan, but it is made in Malaysia. Omoto did
    OEM for Abu (Big Game 7000, 9000 and 10000), Shakespear, EagleClaw and PENN (Enforcer, Kimberlery). The guy who ownes Omoto used to owned Okuma. He sold Okuma to the US company and started Omoto. He used to be the engineer in Shimano (long time ago).
    My point is, every company always makes mistake. When AVET first came out, they had the problem with their [COLOR=#67B045 !important]designs[/COLOR]. They went back to the drawing board and started over again. Omoto is walking the same path as AVET did few years back.
    I believe that the new Omoto's S series and the Zorro (if it loses some weight) are very good products.
    BTW, we did send one Zorro 100Z to Alan Tani to check it out."
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thanks for the help on it. I'll set it in the donate bin.