Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ennis Meats for sale?

Re: Ennis Meats for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    gotta do volume, not many out there willing to work hard for pittance wages! Butcher shop is not a high margin business, and the clientele are fussy F$&kers!! Lots of folks don't wanna pay to have a knowledgeable cutter process their food for them, or they don't want to pay what their skill and facilities are worth! Costs mega moola to run a 3 phase power system required for coolers and freezers on an industrial scale! I pay to have my stuff cut, and with my cutter, I am happy to pay his rate! I could cut it my self, but I sure do not have a cooler to hang it in, or a freezer to flash freeze it! Just wait, rates are only gonna go up next year, unless afew more folks get into the meat processing business!! Moosin
    This is true. Seems like a dying art. As for fussy clientele, some cutters are great and some are terrible just like any business. I have to agree that the low margins dont make it easy.

Time to invest in a large walk in home cooler!

This place was a joke! My 8 year old could cut meat better! And you were lucky if you got all, or your own stuff back.
    Life's like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today, might burn your arse tomorrow

I gave up on the place a few years ago. I didnt get my game cut there because I cut my own but did at one time buy steaks and roasts there. When I first moved into Langley they were great, then in the last few years I got some crap cuts and meat from them and stopped going.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

EEE nis the Pee ness

enis has been by the hwy there for decades on end --> Finally gone?

Jello- Van Netty -- things change over time bye bye EEE nis dah Pee nis ---- we used to call it that when we went by in the valley decades ago --
    ----------------------------------Bob Cigar -----> Against dah Vind we were running against dah wind -- we're older now how, butt still runnin, against dah Vind ---

Anyone still go here since the previous owner left? How is it now?

More often hunters turn to "their guy" that cuts up game in their garage on a weekend or evening instead of taking it to an official "butcher shop". The difference can be up to $1 a pound for cut and wrap. On a moose you're looking at hundreds of dollars more. Most hunters out their don't have that kind of extra cash lying around. Like most industry the costs eventually reach a breaking point where what the provider needs to charge to earn a living and cover his costs becomes greater that his clientele is able to afford.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

I had my bear butchered there this year and had Italian sausage made ,It is really good and I was happy.
    No complaints from me!

I know this is an old thread revived but I can't help but add a bit here... Just as the floods happened, we took 3 head to be processed in a rush, he opened up late at night and let us drop them, picked up just shy of 1,200 lbs of meat done almost exactly how we asked (the almost is because I asked for bone in rib roasts and maui ribs and those come from the same bone cuts so he had cut for the maui ribs before cutting the roasts but he let me know in advance). He didn't charge any extra for the rush work and we would have probably lost these animals had he not opened for us that night so 5 stars from me!!!

Lots of health inspections which failed big time.