Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustenance hunt?????

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Sustenance hunt?????

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    And that is where you are mistaken. A portion of the proceeds goes to sheep conservation, and then the rest goes to the local first nation. And because a white guy is doing the grip and grin with a cranker, the crowd applauds with a standing ovation.

I don't understand the constant bitching on this site regarding First Nation Hunting Rights. You do realize it has been this way since Confederation? But a bunch of white elites are going to change that by bitching on a hunting internet site? Hahaha!
    I dont bitch about First Nations Hunting as I’ve thoroughly read about what there rights are so I know it’s wasted energy to bitch about that, and I want you to show me the break down of where the funds go from those tags ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I dont bitch about First Nations Hunting as I’ve thoroughly read about what there rights are so I know it’s wasted energy to bitch about that, and I want you to show me the break down of where the funds go from those tags ?
    Weatherby, I wasn't saying you were bitching but rather pointing out the hypocrisy that numerous members of this site are guilty of. The tag I am refering to is Kluane. I also know when KIB had that auction tag in Kamloops, the proceeds went back to the Band. As for a break down, I'm sure a person could find it if you searched on the internet.

I have no idea of the area where the hunter shot the ram of the topic of this thread. But, the rules are if resident hunters have a season, then it is open to the First Nations. Where critters are not open to residents, then they are off limits to First Nations. For example, there are no seasons for Southern Mountain Caribou and therefor southern mountain caribou can not be legally hunted by First Nations. Since sheep are sensitive to harvest, the majority of bands restrict the overall harvest of sheep by their members. Some bands actually hold their own draws within the bands. The NDP just recently gave an exemption to First Nations regarding grizzly. Residents can not hunt grizzlies but First Nations can. The way the NDP and the Federal Liberals are handling First Nation Rights, you can bet that there will be more exemptions in the future. Hunters on this site might remember due to your Resident Rebellion and your hatred to Christy Clark, you had a hand in electing this Unholy Alliance between the NDP and Greens. If you don't like what they are doing, maybe you should look in the mirror as to why they are there in the first place.
    Last edited by dana; 11-17-2018 at 04:53 PM.

If I was hunting a sheep for sustenance, it sure in the hell wouldn't be a big ram,

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    If I was hunting a sheep for sustenance, it sure in the hell wouldn't be a big ram,
    But resident hunters do. In fact we are told to harvest old rams because that is better for sheep conservation.

And that is where you are mistaken. A portion of the proceeds goes to sheep conservation, and then the rest goes to the local first nation. And because a white guy is doing the grip and grin with a cranker, the crowd applauds with a standing ovation.
    another Trump-ism. Where do you get this stuff? Care to show us where any band has benefited from the auction ?

HCTF receives 85% of the proceeds from the annual auction for a special permit to hunt a wild sheep in BC. HCTF invests ¾ of this amount into projects focussed on wild sheep conservation, and the remaining ¼ is reserved for projects benefitting other species that use the same habitats as mountain sheep. You can read more about our investment of special permits funds in this report.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    another Trump-ism. Where do you get this stuff? Care to show us where any band has benefited from the auction ?

Thanks Bill, I just checked and 10% goes to the WSF and 90% goes to projects.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Boxhitch,I just gave 2 examples with the Kluane tag and the KIB tag. I am sure there are plenty more if a person were to look. Some Polar Bear Hunts another example. Nice that you say my posts are Trumpisms. I like that. And many of your Libtard posts are Fake News! Typical BCWF strategy. Find a weakness in Resident Hunters and exploit it. Worked well with their hatred to Guides, now lets do the same with First Nations eh? Stir up the pot, get everyone worked up and meanwhile the side deals with Tides and Raincoast go unnoticed.

LEH works good for sheep in Kamloops, that is why all of us here in Kammy support LEH sheep tags for this region.
    -- We have faith in the Ministry to regulate the LEH Cali Kamloops Sheep Tags

Jelvis -- Down at thee end of Lonely Street at the Heart Break Hotel -- You'll be so lonely baby - you'll be so lonely you could die high ----

I remember talking to a reliable source few years back about the KIB auctioning off their BH tag(s). The concern at the time was not so much the couple sheep being sold off, but the flying around in a 500 very close to the sheep trying to get footage and pics of the big Rams in the cliffs. I guess it was spooking the piss out of them and even causing injury and likely death to a few sheep, just to get their advertising for selling off the tags...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Weatherby, I wasn't saying you were bitching but rather pointing out the hypocrisy that numerous members of this site are guilty of. The tag I am refering to is Kluane. I also know when KIB had that auction tag in Kamloops, the proceeds went back to the Band. As for a break down, I'm sure a person could find it if you searched on the internet.

I have no idea of the area where the hunter shot the ram of the topic of this thread. But, the rules are if resident hunters have a season, then it is open to the First Nations. Where critters are not open to residents, then they are off limits to First Nations. For example, there are no seasons for Southern Mountain Caribou and therefor southern mountain caribou can not be legally hunted by First Nations. Since sheep are sensitive to harvest, the majority of bands restrict the overall harvest of sheep by their members. Some bands actually hold their own draws within the bands. The NDP just recently gave an exemption to First Nations regarding grizzly. Residents can not hunt grizzlies but First Nations can. The way the NDP and the Federal Liberals are handling First Nation Rights, you can bet that there will be more exemptions in the future. Hunters on this site might remember due to your Resident Rebellion and your hatred to Christy Clark, you had a hand in electing this Unholy Alliance between the NDP and Greens. If you don't like what they are doing, maybe you should look in the mirror as to why they are there in the first place.
    Like those crooks being led by a cow were any better? You have to have a nut loose to think they were. Giving away hunting allocations to outfitters isn't the only crap they were pulling on us. ONE thing you can be sure of, if the Lieberals had been re-elected EVERYTHING would be on LEH by now and the outfitters would have an even bigger allocation.