Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Sustenance hunt?????

Re: Sustenance hunt?????

Every good conversation starts with good listening and I prefer to call it following opposed to trolling!

TBH, I haven't followed a conversation in this forum that is worth getting involved in. That along with the concern that someone is going to point out how many posts are made or when a person joined just keeps me following. I can still enjoy the stories and photos and watch what may have been a legit post become a free for all.

As one other poster captured it earlier to paraphrase. This is why the hunting community doesn't get anywhere, they are too busy arguing with each other and dragging each other through the mud to organize as a successful group with one voice.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Another TROLL ! MR 4 Posts ! RJ

puddlejumper for BCWF President He will get ER Done ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    You put up the name of an individual, accused him of being a poacher, and encouraged others to take action against him.....with absolutely nothing to substantiate the accusation. Had there been something in the public domain naming this person, such as a published news article or official charges laid etc, then no problem with naming names.
    I was very close to deleting the thread completely, but felt the "issue" was worthy of discussion so simply removed the name.

Not familiar with Abe Dougan, however if I saw unsubstantiated accusations against him on here, I would have removed that too.

Take care
    Chris

I never wrote the original write up, It was sent to me and after making a few inquiries about the legitimacy, I felt the need to share it. I forgot that it had comments about poaching so I understand why you the name was removed

An email posted by Sparwood F&G Association posted yesterday
    I'm sure most have heard of the sheep recently killed out of season. Below is the statement from our local F&W branch.

From FLNROD:
    "Dear Hunting and Wildlife Community,

There has been some rumours about a Bighorn sheep ram being recently harvested in the Elk valley. We would like to provide a short update on FLNRORD’s involvement, and what we know about this issue. Please feel free to share this email with others. We are aware that there is considerable social media communication occurring in forums and on Facebook.

In October, FLNRORD was contacted with a rumour that a permit was issued to authorize a harvest of a Bighorn ram in the Elk Valley, outside the legal hunting season. We confirmed at that time that no such permit was issued by FLNRORD.
    Based on the recent events it appears that a “permit” letter was drafted by a First Nations band, and issued to a local First Nations hunter.
    Neither FLNRORD nor COS have seen this letter.
    A Bighorn ram was harvested by a FN hunter on or around November 5 in the Elk Valley in Management Unit 4-23. The FN hunter claims that the harvest was a sustenance hunt and did recover the edible parts.
    Given that there was no permit given from FLNRORD side, the harvest is out of season and the FN Hunter involved claim a sustenance hunt, the Conservation Officer Service is investigating and will update us on their findings. It is important to realize that the Canadian constitution and numerous case law decisions have established and upheld the aboriginal right to hunt, fish, trap for food, ceremonial, or cultural purposes. While there are strong opinions about this situation, It is not clear how this circumstance will be interpreted with respect to aboriginal rights.

We will be relaying the COS findings to you as we receive them. "

Anyone with information/comments is asked to call the RAPP line.
    Dana says:"That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact."

Only 1 steaming pile of BS here RJ
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Like those crooks being led by a cow were any better? You have to have a nut loose to think they were. Giving away hunting allocations to outfitters isn't the only crap they were pulling on us. ONE thing you can be sure of, if the Lieberals had been re-elected EVERYTHING would be on LEH by now and the outfitters would have an even bigger allocation.
    You know that's really not how it works, right?

rj bring your letter to the boat launch ssturday...will take my boat and shoot your ram can you bring me one two?

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    rj bring your letter to the boat launch ssturday...will take my boat and shoot your ram can you bring me one two?
    This one Buddy ! KILL a Ram any Time any where i Want too Because its my Entitlement ! lol RJ

Notice how politics is getting involved now in the discussions here?

Polly Ticks

Jelly -- worse than deer ticks -- all mouth - If tick is embedded into your skin do not use tweezer to pull thee body out --> bad move - head stays under skin ->
    Travels to your brain in the blood system ----> Stroke
    Last edited by Jelvis; 11-22-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Hello I'm Johnny Ca$h

Quote Originally Posted by NMO View Post
    You know that's really not how it works, right?
    Absolutely, how else do the outfitters get such a large allocation? It's obviously a political payoff. There should be ZERO outfitter allocation in any area that resident hunters have to apply for LEH draws.